11

Ethan

I can't believe I'm at another one of these things. This definitely isn't my ideal weekend but this time I'm here with a purpose. Cassie actually asked me to come to this one.

I spot her quickly which catches me off guard. I thought I would have some time to gather myself and my surroundings but I guess not. I'm going in winging it.

"Hey." She beams as her long hair flutters down her back due to her movement to face me. I can't help but replicate her big smile. "You asked for me, you got me." I say with a spurt of confidence. "Oh so you wouldn't mind going to dance?" She smirks. "You know, I might actually have to go. I just remembered my mom needed help with something." I tease. She rolls her eyes and grabs my wrist and pulls me to the make shift dance floor. "Come on." She tugs.

She's full of energy as we make our way into the packed crowd. I can tell she does this often. She doesn't seem to care about all the eyes on her. Or maybe the eyes are on me because they can't believe Cassie is less than a foot away from me.

"Come on. Relax." She chuckles. I can't relax. I don't know how to dance and I can't dance in front of her.

She thinks the exact opposite as she turns away from me and tosses her hair around as she moves her hips to the music. I can't keep my eyes off of her. She's so enchanting I just want to touch her.

I hesitantly place my hand on her hip and pull her a bit closer so that her back his presses against my chest. She smells faintly of alcohol, telling me that that's where she truly got her confidence.

She begins to grind against me and I'm not sure I can contain myself. I have no clue how I got myself in this situation but I find myself being thankful for it.

Soon the music slows down and she's quick to face me. It's not really a slow dancing song but you really can't dance to it.

She wraps her arms around my neck and I wonder what makes her so comfortable with me.

"So do you party often?" I manage to ask as my hands find their way to the small of her back. "I guess so." She says with a small shrug. "It's just a way for me to get out of the house." She says with a shy laugh.

"What's wrong with staying in?" I hesitantly laugh. "It's no fun." She says flatly. "I admire how comfortable you are at home." She adds. This throws me off guard. "Everyone should be comfortable at home." I say quickly. She lets out a low chuckle. "It's kinda hard to do that in my house." She shakes her head.

"Well if you ever need an excuse to leave the house you can always call me." I say with a small grin tugging at my lips.

"Why are you so nice to me Ethan Dolan?" She says as her brows furrow and she tilts her head to the side. She can tell that I'm not sure of what to say so she adds, "Every other guy I've ever relatively gotten close to are dicks."

I reach up and push her soft hair behind her ear. "That their loss." I say softly as my eyes flicker from her plump lips to her soft eyes.

As if she reads my mind she leans in and presses her lips against mine in the softest yet most meaningful way. My hands find the side of her face as I continue to kiss her with everything I could possibly offer.

A part of me wants everyone here to see this but the other part of me wants to protect her slightly tipsy state.

With that thought I pull away and keep my hands on either side of her face. "How about we get out of here?" I ask softly. All she does is nod as if she can't form words. I don't blame her because I myself am having trouble.

Word count 705
Sorry this sucks and it's been a while. I've been so busy recently. And sorry for any spelling or grammatical errors. I was very lazy while editing this.