16

Ethan

Cassie's still asleep when I wake up. She looks so serene.

I push her hair off of her soft cheek and place it behind her ear and give her forehead a light kiss. I don't know how long she wants to stay but I know I want her here for as long as possible.

I slowly unwrap myself from the blankets and her and search for some sweat pants. I finally find a pair and slip into them before I leave my room as quietly as possible. I wouldn't want to wake her.

I make my way down stairs and go straight to the kitchen. Surely she likes pancakes.

I grab all the stuff I need and set the pan on the burner. I begin making the mix and I even add a few chocolate chips. I'm the one that likes the chocolate chips so I guess I was a little selfish.

I start making as many pancakes as the mix allows me. I want to make sure we have plenty. The last thing I want is for her to go home hungry.

Cassie

It smells so good downstairs and I know exactly where it's coming from. I walk straight to the kitchen and smile as I see Ethan shirtless and making what seems to be pancakes.

"You gonna save some for me?" I joke which causes him to jump a little. He chuckles to kind of cover up the fact that I scared him.

"I didn't hear you come down." He admits. "You were too focused on making your breakfast." I chuckle as I approach him and wrap my arms around his waste and place my cheek on his bare back.

"Hey some is for you, you know." He says as he places the last pancake onto the plate with the rest. "I'd hope so. They look great. Thank you." I say as I take them all in.

"You're welcome." He says as he gives me a light peck on the lips and quickly grabs us out two plates and two forks. "Do you like syrup?" He ask sweetly. "What kind of question is that? Of course I do." I chuckle. He rolls his eyes and grabs it out for us and sets our plates on to the island.

"What would you like to drink?" He ask as he opens the fridge. "Uh milk is fine actually." I mutter as I pull out my stool.

He sits our drinks down on the island as he looks me up and down. "Is that mine?" He ask with a chuckle. I look down at his shirt that I lazily threw on before I came down as my cheeks turn a light shade of pink. "Uh yeah. I didn't think you'd mind." I mumble as he takes a seat across from me. "No not at all. It looks good on you." He smiles which makes my cheeks turn another shade darker.

We begin to dig into our food and we fall silent. It's a comfortable silence. It was nice just to sit and eat breakfast with someone. I don't do this too often. I often skip out on breakfast because I don't like sitting at my kitchen table all alone in the mornings.

"Are you okay? Like do you feel alright?" Ethan asks as he breaks the small silence that fell upon us. I'm assuming he's alluding to last night and I smile a little at the mere thought of it. "Yeah. I feel great actually." I smile. He smiles back at me as he finishes up his food.

"I Uh don't mean to sound rude or anything but when do you have to be home? I wouldn't want you getting into trouble." He says shyly. I just shrug. "Won't your parents be pissed?" He ask with sincere concern written on his face. "They honestly probably don't even realize I'm gone." I shrug as I look down at my empty plate.

This shocks him. "Of course they do. You didn't come home last night." He says simply. "My Dad was probably too drunk to notice and my mom was probably cooped up in her office until late." I shrug. This seemed to be a normal at my house. Or my parents were too busy bickering and throwing ashtrays at each other to notice I was gone.

Ethan just nods. I can tell he wants to know more and a part of my wants to give him more. For some reason I trust him more than anyone I've ever met. Something tells me that he's the one person I can vent to about my shitty home life. But for now I'll stop. I don't want to scare him off.

"You can stay as long as you'd like beautiful." He murmurs as he kisses my forehead as he walks by to place our dishes in the sink.

My heart skips a beat due to the sheer fact that I'm wanted here.

Word count 830
So I'm helping sunset_daisy write her first book and I'm sure she'd appreciate it if you guys checked it out. I'm the type that believes everyone can write and everyone deserves a shot at getting their story out there. Some just need help so I'm always here for pointers :)