1: P r i s o n e r s o f t h e A r k

XX

[ PREVIOUSLY: Octavia was dragged from solitary and barrelled down the hallway without much explanation as to what was happening

[ PREVIOUSLY: Octavia was dragged from solitary and barrelled down the hallway without much explanation as to what was happening. She was sentenced to death for being born; and now she'll be dead before her 17th birthday ].

I exhaled sharply as my mind turned over the events of the last hour. Leaning my head back against the wall behind me, I closed my breath and willed myself to stop breathing so fast.

1 ... 2 ... 3, I thought to myself as I struggled to control the rage of emotions that were swirling throughout my mind. Just breathe, Octavia, just breathe.

BAM. I was dragged, struggling, kicking and yelling, through the metal grate and into the room beyond.

"Stop fighting!" one of the guards warned me, waving his shock baton around. "You don't want me to use this."

I glared at him and then I glared at the baton. "I'm never gonna stop fighting! Not until you give me what I want!"

"And what's that?" he sneered in response.

"I - I need to say goodbye to Bellamy!"

The guard paused.

"Please ..." I begged. "He-he's all I've got left ..."

A shadow was thrown across the floor as someone came to a stand-still behind me and the two guards. One of the men glanced questioningly over my head towards the figure.

"No," the steely cold voice of Commander Shumway cracked the air around me. "We don't have time for goodbyes. We must get her to the drop-ship before take-off or she'll be left behind. The launch begins within the hour."

"You monster!" I screamed, turning and lunging for the commander. "I hate you! How could you do this to me?"

ZAP.

And, just like that, I was stung by the guard's shock baton.

A volt of electricity flowed throughout my body, causing me to drop to the ground and writhe in pain at the contact.

"Oh my god," I gasped out when I could finally breathe again.

"Don't cause us any more trouble," Commander Shumway spoke, gravely and authoritatively. He sent a knowing look at the guards hovering nearby. "Take ... her ... to ... the ... drop-ship ... now."

As I was hauled to my feet I demanded angrily, "What the hell is a drop-ship? Aren't you gonna float me?"

Commander Shumway smirked as he looked at me. "Oh my dear Octavia. You're gonna wish we had."