30: W h i c h O n e?

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Clarke conducts a risky operation on Finn with help from her mother via the radio

[PREVIOUSLY: Clarke conducts a risky operation on Finn with help from her mother via the radio. In the meanwhile, interference from the storm cuts off their connection and Clarke and Bellamy take their anger out on the two captured grounders. Octavia, desperate to bring an end to their torture, puts her life on the line again when she slashes the poisonous knife across her own hand].

"O-OCTAVIA!"

The sound of my brother's strangled cry echoed throughout the room.

"Octavia, what have you done?" Clarke breathed, staring at me and the knife that I held in my hands with big bug eyes.

I loosened my grip on the blade and it went clattering to the floor. Slowly, I dropped to my knees before the grounder with hazel eyes, the grounder who had put a stop to my escape from the tunnels, the grounder who had helped save my life from the cavern.

"Please ..." I whispered. "Tell us! What's the cure?"

"You'd be stupid to have a poison around for this long without an antidote," Clarke sneered, her demeanour abruptly changing from horror to anger.

"O, O," Bellamy plonked himself down beside me and enveloped me in his arms. "W-what did you do? What did you do?" he rocked me back and forth, his eyes shining with tears of worry and hurt.

"I-it has to work! It will work!" I told him pointedly as I untangled myself from his arms.

"N-no," Bellamy shook his head, glancing down to look at the wound on my palm. "No. Not this way."

"Bell, don't," I desperately grabbed at his shirt as he stood up.

"Like I said, you're gonna tell us and you're gonna tell us ... now!" Bellamy growled, eyeballing the big, burly grounder next to Hazel Eyes. "My sister isn't going to the grave before you ... so you'd better rethink your decision to keep quiet - and do it fast!"

"Clarke!" I cried, turning to her. "Please, don't allow him to do this!"

Clarke hesitated for a moment, then, she turned back to glance over at Finn's limp body. A scowl crossed her features and she nodded at Bellamy, "Do it."

"NO!" I yelped. "Bellamy, stop!"

Bellamy stepped forward, drawing a small dagger from his belt as he did so. Seizing Burly's shirt with a rough and vice-like grip, he sliced the blade straight through the material, severing it in half. He yanked the shirt off of Burly and dropped it to the ground, his other hand wrapping tightly around the end of his belt.

"This ... is ... your ... last ... chance," he hissed.

When only silence met his statement, Bellamy let out a low grunt. Hazel Eyes and Burly watched his every move as he lifted his arm back and whipped the belt through the air.