27: P o i s o n e d!

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Finn and Octavia distract a spying troupe of grounders while Bellamy sets up a trap to catch one of them

[PREVIOUSLY: Finn and Octavia distract a spying troupe of grounders while Bellamy sets up a trap to catch one of them. Raven wires up the prisoners' first walkie-talkies and Octavia receives an unpleasant surprise when she recognises one of the captives].

"Octavia, you can't sit out here all night."

At the sound of Clarke's patronising voice, I bit my lip and remained silent.

"Octavia! We need you. So you need to get your rest," Clarke persisted as she knelt down beside me. "You've been sitting outside of this drop-ship nearly all night. C'mon. Sleep. Please."

"What did you mean?" I spoke up, my tone gravelly and cracked.

"Mean? By what?" Clarke furrowed her brow as she gazed intently at me.

I guffawed under my breath as I looked over at her. "What did you mean when you said that I was important to you? Why? What are you planning? A truce with the grounders so they'll let you and you alone travel to Mount Weather? Escape and leave the rest of us behind to starve? What's your plan, Clarke? And don't try and sugarcoat it because I know, that deep down, you're not as perfect as everyone else seems to think."

Clarke backed away, shaking her head. Suddenly, she stood up and glared down at me, "There's nothing you or anyone else can do to stop Bellamy's interrogation, or should I say, torture of those grounders. Even though you refuse to accept that what we're doing is right, you need to learn, and learn fast, that not everyone on this planet is our friend."

"We are the intruders, Clarke!" I cried, jumping to my feet so I was at eye-level with her. "Us! We are! Not them! This is their home! And we're the ones who are invading it! Disrupting it! I don't think its fair. You said you'd capture a grounder! Not beat the truth out of two!"

"Since when have I ever kept my word?" Clarke scoffed. Rolling her eyes, she turned around and was about to walk away before pausing. She looked back over her shoulder and smirked. "Oh and Octavia? You better screw your head on straight or everyone else around here will no longer think of you as the girl-under-the-floor but the traitor. Goodnight."

I stared angrily after Clarke as she sauntered off. Maybe she was right. Maybe I wasn't loyal to my people ... not after what they did to Wells; not after what they did to Atom; not after what they did to Charlotte.

I spun around on my heel and stalked away, my hand straying to the hilt of the now-finished sword that hung in a sheath from my belt. I didn't return to my tent, however, I headed over to the look-out post that Zoe was standing guard at.

She turned to look at me as I approached her.

"Go on, get some rest," I told her. "I'll relieve you."