17: W h e r e' s m y R a d i o?

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia catches her boyfriend Finn in the very act of making out with a girl called Raven

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia catches her boyfriend Finn in the very act of making out with a girl called Raven. Apparently she's come to Earth to help prove a theory conspired by Abigail Griffin. They need to help save 300 innocent people's lives. But when Raven goes to get her radio, it's gone, and the gang discovers that someone else besides them has been in the vicinity].

"Someone got here before us ... But who?"

A moment of tense, horrified silence met my statement.

"H-how did someone just sneak up and grab the radio without you noticing?" Finn broke the stillness with his demand.

"I - I dunno," Raven flung her arms up in the air. "I - I only woke up about an hour or two ago ... I - er - I think I must've knocked my head against something during the crash. I was out cold for ages."

Finn groaned and raked his hands through his hair. "Dang it! I bet you it's Bellamy! He's been trying so damn hard to make sure we didn't have communication with the Ark ... Do you think he's gonna let a little radio stop him?"

"What about the grounders?" I asked defensively, hoping against hope that my brother wasn't the culprit.

"Do you think they would've just left Raven sitting in there ... alive?" Finn scoffed. "C'mon. If they'd been here, they would've killed her ... Just like they tried to kill Jasper."

I hesitated before conceding, "You're right. We need to find Bellamy."

"Oh yeah, Bellamy, huh? He was the one who shot the chancellor, right?" Raven queried as she tucked the wad of bandages that I'd given her into her back pocket.

"WHAT?" Finn and I yelped in horror.

Raven paused. "Oh ... y-you didn't know that?"

"So that's why he doesn't want the rest of our people to come down? I'm gonna kill him!" I growled as I spun around and stomped away.

"Wait, Octavia, just let him explain himself," Finn called out after me. "Maybe not everything is as bad as it seems?"

"Oh, he's got a heck of a lot of explaining to do; that's for sure!" I yelled over my shoulder.

Tightening my grip around the pack strap that was wrapped around my shoulder, my other hand flitted down to the gun tucked inside my belt. Bellamy was gonna tell me the truth ... even if I had to force him.

The three of us headed back towards the camp. This time it wasn't a leisurely, pleasant stroll in the park, this was a real, fast-paced walk; no stops, no breaks, no nothing. If we were quick enough, we could catch up to Bellamy before he made it back to the drop-ship.