31: A F r i c k i n G r o u n d e r

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia tries to interfere when Bellamy, Raven and Clarke condone the beating of Burly

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia tries to interfere when Bellamy, Raven and Clarke condone the beating of Burly. When Octavia discovers the antidote to the poison overtaking Finn's body, Clarke rushes to administer it to him before it's too late. Then, Octavia collapses on the floor as the effects of the poison hit her].

"Octavia? Octavia, are you okay?"

A muffled groan escaped my mouth as my eyelids slowly flittered open.

I was lying in a dank corner of the drop-ship, something soft beneath me and something warm covering me. Soft streams of sunlight were pouring into the room through the drop-ship's open door but I couldn't focus on anything because someone's head was right in my face.

"Jasper!" I let out an annoyed yelp as I swatted him away.

"Oh my god," Jasper sighed in relief. "You're okay! I'm so glad."

I struggled up into a sitting position and let out a shaky breath. "W-what happened? What did I miss?"

Jasper hesitated as he cast a quick glance over his shoulder. I followed his line of sight to see a few metres of heavy metal chain wound up on the floor.

Wait ... where were the grounders?

"Jasper?" I questioned as I leaned forward and grabbed his shoulders. "Tell me what's going on."

Jasper shrugged and let out a huff. "Well ... after Bellamy gave those grounders a piece of his mind, he and a couple others transferred them upstairs so they couldn't witness what was going on down here with you and Finn being sick and all. I - I think they got cussed at and beaten by the angrier ones of the crowd that were sitting up there waiting for the storm to pass. I - I think they're okay now though. The storm's over and we've reconnected with the Ark ... that's good isn't it?"

I gritted my teeth, trying to control my rising anger at the continued mistreatment of the grounders. Composing myself, I turned to gaze at Jasper as another thought flooded my mind. "Jasper, where is Bellamy?"

Jasper swallowed hard. "He - he and Clarke have gone."

"Gone? Gone where?"

"They've gone to a grounder village."

"What?" I gasped. "H-how did they ...?"

"They found a little book in one of the grounders' packs," Jasper offered. "There was a map inside of it. They're going to go and spy on the village and bring back a report. They're hoping to ambush the place, get rid of the villagers and bring back the food and spoils that are left over. It - it's supposed to show the grounders that we are not to be messed with ... Well, at least that's what Bellamy said. Everyone's in on the plan."