53: T h e U l t i m a t e S a c r i f i c e

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Murphy, Finn and Octavia look after the sick but disaster strikes when Octavia stumbles across Conner's dead body

[PREVIOUSLY: Murphy, Finn and Octavia look after the sick but disaster strikes when Octavia stumbles across Conner's dead body. She leaves the drop-ship, trying to find Finn, but instead, she bumps into Bellamy. In the meanwhile, Murphy's evil deed is brought into the light when he traps everyone, including Jasper, inside the drop-ship. It's a game of survival now, for if they try to forcefully enter, Jasper dies].

KLUNK.

The drop-ship door slid shut, inclosing Jasper, Harper and the rest of the sick inside!

"Oh god," I groaned, clutching my hair with two grubby hands. "Bellamy, what are we going to do?"

For a moment, Bellamy didn't reply, then, he lifted the walkie-talkie to his mouth and growled, "Murphy, I know you can hear me. All our food and ammo's in there and you know that. You're leaving us vulnerable to an attack. I can't let that happen."

"Yeah? Well, you do anything about it and I'll put a bullet through Jasper's brain," Murphy sneered in response. "Your choice."

Bellamy heaved a deep sigh as he lowered the walkie-talkie.

"Bellamy! My friend's in there with a killer!" I shouted as I flailed my arms about. "As are all the others!" Without waiting for him to respond, I stomped right up to the drop-ship door and pounding furiously on it as I yelled, "Murphy! Murphy! If you even touch Jasper or anyone else, I swear to God, you're dead!"

"Octavia!" Bellamy grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "I've got this."

"Really? Because it doesn't look like you're doing anything about it!" I jerked my arm away from him, trying not to let him see the angry tears that were starting to fill my eyes.

"Bellamy! Octavia! What's going on?"

At the sound of Finn's voice, both Bellamy and I turned around, just in time to see Finn jogging through the front gate, two full water buckets in his hands.

Bellamy rolled his eyes as he snorted, "So, the Spacewalker finally decides to show up."

"Hey," Finn frowned at him. "Take it easy. What are you doing out of bed anyway?"

"Murphy," I muttered under my breath as I kicked aimlessly at a loose stone on the ground.

"What?" Finn demanded, his body growing tense and rigid.

"Murphy, you dumbass," I grumbled. "He's got Jasper and everyone else locked up inside! He killed Conner and then tried to cover it up, but Jasper or someone else must've caught him redhanded. Now he's threatening to kill them all too."

"You serious?" Finn slammed his water buckets down on the ground and stormed over to the drop-ship door. "You bloody bastard!" he shouted. "You open this door, right now!"