61: W e A r e G r o u n d e r s!

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Finn, Octavia and Lincoln venture forth on a risky expedition through the notorious Reaper Tunnels

[PREVIOUSLY: Finn, Octavia and Lincoln venture forth on a risky expedition through the notorious Reaper Tunnels. Octavia and Lincoln began to bond when Lincoln sacrifices the safety of his own life so she and Finn can escape. The two head towards their camp with a message for their people: they have to leave]!

"We have movement outside the south wall. All gunners to your positions!"

"Somebody's coming!"

"Move it!"

"Get ready!"

"Stay together."

As Finn and I sprinted up the slope towards the camp gate, we heard an uproar of commotion resound from within the walls.

"Wait! Hold your fire! It's Octavia and Finn, I repeat, it's Octavia and Finn. Get the gate. Get the gate!"

In response to Nate's orders, the front gate was unlocked and shoved open, admitting us entrance.

"They're back! Octavia and Finn are back!" a shrill cry rose up from among the numerous spectators as they rushed towards us.

"Oh god," Finn gasped as he stumbled weakly inside. Doubling-over, he placed his hands on his knees, his chest heaving for air.

I came tumbling through after him, my muscles so sore I could barely stand and my tongue so dry I could barely talk.

"Octavia! Where the hell have you been?"

Bellamy, his strides long and purposeful, came storming out of the drop-ship towards Finn and I; Clarke, Raven, Monty and Jasper right on his heels.

"Oh my god, Finn!" Raven exclaimed as she hurried over and threw her arms around his neck. Clinging to him, she buried her face in his shoulder and sobbed in relief.

"Thank goodness!" Jasper scurried over and, wrapping his arms around my waist, he picked me up and spun me around. As he set my weary body back down on the ground, he perked his eyebrows up as he questioned, "You okay?"

I nodded, wincing as I pushed some saliva down the back of my raw, cracked throat.

"We got captured by the the grounders," Finn spoke up in response to the confused murmurs that were rippling through the crowd around us.

"Yeah, I figured," Bellamy retorted as he walked over to me. Placing his arm protectively around my shoulders, he asked, "O, did they hurt you?"

I shook my head. "No."

"How did you get away?" Monty inquired curiously.

I exchanged a quick side-glance with Finn before replying, "Lincoln. He saved our lives."