11: W h a t e v e r t h e H e l l w e W a n t

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: With Finn in the lead, the search party comes across Jasper strung up to a tree, screaming in pain

[PREVIOUSLY: With Finn in the lead, the search party comes across Jasper strung up to a tree, screaming in pain. Clarke has a near-death experience and everyone's courage is tested when they find out that they've been tricked. They are now face-to-face with a hungry, angry cougar]!

Another low growl rippled through the air as the cougar bared its teeth at us. With a deafening roar, the muscular cat leaped off its' haunches and made a beeline straight for us!

"Bellamy, the gun!" Clarke cried.

Bellamy moved his hand towards his holster but he wasn't quick enough. With a quick flick of my wrist, I leaned over and flipped the weapon from his belt. Hurriedly, I cocked the pistol and aimed it right at the sleek black beast that was rushing towards us.

"Octavia!" Bellamy shouted. "W-what the hell are you doing ... ?"

BANG.

The first bullet was released from the gun.

It missed.

"Gimme that!" Bellamy yelled. "O, you don't know how to use it!"

BANG.

The second shot was fired.

It missed.

"You're gonna use up the entire frickin cartridge!" Bellamy screamed. "GIVE IT TO ME!"

BANG.

The third round of fire was shot.

It missed.

"OCTAVIA!"

I lowered the gun.

The cougar was gone.

"Great! Now we've bloody lost it!" Bellamy exploded. "And we've lost three perfectly good bullets! Give me the blooming gun, Octavia."

"Octavia, just give it to him!" Clarke called out, her expression one of disgust and disappointment. "C'mon, what are you trying to prove? I expected better of you."

I swallowed hard, my throat thick with tears. A saltiness began to sting the back of my eyelids and a heaviness settled on my chest. I opened up the weapon and gazed inside. We only had one bullet left.

"Can't thank you enough," Bellamy snorted, making as if to snatch the weapon from me.

RRROOOAAARRR.

The cougar suddenly leaped out from behind a large thicket of bushes. Teeth bared and claws sharpened, it's huge, black body sailed through the air ... straight for Bellamy.

"BELLAMY!" Clarke screamed.

BANG.

The cougar landed right on top of Bellamy, knocking him to the ground with the force of his weight. Bellamy threw his arms up, trying to protect his head and neck.