15: B e t r a y a l

XX

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia lashes out at Murphy when she discovers that he's committed an atrocious crime against Charlotte

[PREVIOUSLY: Octavia lashes out at Murphy when she discovers that he's committed an atrocious crime against Charlotte. The one hundred's food supply is depleting and on top of that, a panic erupts throughout the camp when another drop-ship is spotted].

"T-that's another drop-ship."

Once the words left my mouth, I immediately regretted it.

"WHAT? Another drop-ship?" "They're sending more prisoners down?" "They're going to kill us all!" "They're trying to scare us!" "We don't have enough supplies to share with them!" "We're all gonna die!"

Chaos reigned as people dashed here and there, trying to scrounge up as much necessities as they could for themselves. Some were screaming, others were crying, and still others were shaking with fear.

"Good job, Octavia," Bellamy glared at me. "You just made things worse." He whirled around and started back for the drop-ship.

"Wait! What are you going to do?" I called out after him.

He glanced over his shoulder and smirked, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

I sighed. "Please, tell you're gonna do something about Murphy first?"

Bellamy hesitated and then shrugged. "Charlotte tried to kill the chancellor, Octavia, and she nearly succeeded. I'm sure that if she really didn't want Murphy to do what he did that she would've stopped him; but she didn't. So what's that saying about the situation?"

"It's saying you're an ignorant jackass!" I yelled, starting after him.

Finn grabbed me around the waist and pulled me to a stop. "Octavia, don't. He - he's not worth it."

I stared angrily up at Bellamy, my eyes narrowed dangerously. "You know what? Finn's right. Your not worth it. You and your dumbass sidekick can go to hell!" Then, I stepped back, my hands implanted firmly on my hips. "But, I swear to God, if Murphy comes near Charlotte or any other girl again, I'll kill him! Got it?"

Bellamy didn't move. He remained frozen in place. His expression was one of surprise and amusement. He didn't take my threat seriously, I could see it in his eyes.

A low growl rose up in the back of my throat as I spun around and stomped away. He would. He would take me seriously. He would just have to wait and see.

"The damn thing's on fire!" shouted someone who was standing nearby.

I stopped in my tracks and turned my gaze up towards the sky, inhaling sharply.

The metallic drop-ship type contraption was now zooming through the air, making a beeline straight towards the ground! The back end of it was on fire and the parachute that had flung up was being destroyed by the flames. The drop-ship spun around and around and around before plummeting with a loud, resounding THUMP into the earth beyond a series of knolls in the distance.