Wolves

Song: 'Wolves' by Selena Gomez

                              ♡♡♡

      It was already dark when they started running. The forest was too dark but somehow they still managed to break through. With Allison as a leader, Lydia, Y/N and Allison were close to the house in the deepest part of the forest.
    Y/N was already tired. Her legs were weak and her feet was in pain because of the rocks and rough paths. A cold air was cutting her face and preventing her to breathe properly. With every breath she felt like her soul was leaving her. She would grab a tree from time to time just to keep the balance. She knew she had to survive because Scott and Stiles needed her.
    "Aaa!", Lydia screamed when she tripped over big rock and fell down.
Y/N rushed to her. She kneeled down, putting Lydia's arm on her shoulder and holding her to stand up.
    "C'mon, L. We're almost there.", Y/N comforted Lydia while she was trying to stand again. Lydia was also out of breath and she was holding her chest, looking up to the sky that could barely be seen. Y/N also looked up. She just thought they were lucky because it wasn't a full moon.
    "No. We are already here.", Allison said in front of them.
    And it was true. There was a big meadow  in the middle of the forest and a house on it. The house was big and dark, even darker than a forest. Lot of windows were broken and there was lot of damage on the walls and roof. Other part of the roof and wall one the side were covered in moss. From that distance, they didn't hear anything. Everything was giving creepy vibes.
     As they got closer and closer, painful screams of the hurted werewolves filled the air. Y/N covered her ears and Lydia hid her face in Y/N's hair. Allison stood right and without any hesitation, she prepared her crossbow for attack.
    "Scott's in there. We have to help him.", Allison said and ran into the house without other two. Lydia and Y/N looked at each other and yelled at the same time.
     "Wait for us!"  
But when they got closer to the door, big trash made them stop.
    "I think it's better to get in from the different sides.", Y/N said, observing the house, "I'll take the left side to see is there any door or window and you take the right side. It has to be something."
 Lydia wasn't sure about that but she just nodded and went to right side.
     Y/N took a deep breath and slowly walked to the corner. She peeked a little to see is there anyone. There was nothing except one broken door and little window. She pinned herself to the wall and she slowly walked to the door. With every step, her heartbeats were faster and faster. The door hadn't any handle. Y/N calmed herself. It was stupid idea to come here without any weapon but she didn't have time. She counted on her own mind and intuition.
     Y/N opened the door quickly and she found herself in the kitchen. Or at least somewhere that was kitchen before. She looked around herself to find something that could help her to defend herself when someone jumped on her.
    "Stiles! You scared the hell out of me!", she yelled. She almost fell down so she grabbed a sink behind her. She was tired and scared and every part of her body was trembeling.
    "What are you doing here? Do you want to die?", Stiles said looking at the door constantly like someone would come any second.
     "I'd never leave you two. And it wasn't fair from you that you kicked me out of your plans. And I knew I have to bring you this.", Y/N said putting her hand in the pocket and pulling out the Mountain Ash that Deaton gave to her.
    "My fairy dust. Great.", Stiles said with his usually sarcastic half-smile. He took the powder and put it in his pocket.
     "And Lydia and Allison are also here, by the way.", Y/N said rubbing her neck. She knew Stilles would freak out again.
     "What?! Oh my God. You're seriously out of your mind. Listen!", he looked one more time at the door and then grabbed Y/N's shoulders, "I have to find them. Stay here. Don't move. I'll be right back. I don't want to something bad happens to you."
    "You're human too. You haven't any bigger chance to survive than me.", Y/N said angry, putting Stiles' hands down, "You can't protect me every time. I can take care of myself."
    "Fine! But be careful.", Stiles said before living the room.
      Y/N was alone again. She knew she promised Stiles she will be careful which means she couldn't leave the room. But her wish to help was strong even though she couldn't help that much. She wasn't a supernatural creature.
      Just when she wanted to step forward, something crashed the wall and with a big hit, fell on the table and broke it. Y/N covered herself and turned away. When the dust disappeared, Y/N saw a man lying on the broken table with closed eyes. She put her hands down and came little closer. It was Isaac, a guy from Derek's pack. He was stabbed with knives. He was groaning and trying to stand up but he couldn't make any move. Y/N knew he was against Scott but she couldn't leave him there. He was bleeding too much. She ran to him and slowly lifted his head.
     "Isaac, can you hear me? Isaac!"
She didn't want to shake him so she just caressed his face. It was so soft and smooth. He was really pretty.
She called him one more time and he quickly opened his eyes. They were crystal blue but they were full of confusion and anger. His face changed like he was going to throw out all anger he had inside. But he looked at Y/N and his face calmed down. She still had her hand on his cheek and her thumb was still caressing it.
    "I have to get those knives out of you. But first I have to get YOU out of here.", Y/N said pulling her hand through and putting it on Isaac's back. She lifted him in sitting position but still holding him. She put his arm on her shoulder and her hand on his shoulder.
    "Now you have to stand up. Use your strength and help me to pick you up. Okay? One, two, three."
     Isaac relied on Y/N and with painful groan, he managed to stand up. Y/N grabbed his other hand because he was still swinging.
    "Why are you helping me? You don't even know me.", Isaac said between steps. Because of pain, his words weren't so clear but Y/N could understand him.
     "I can't let you die here. I'll probably regret saving an evil werewolf but still...", Y/N mumbled. She was already out of strength and Isaac was heavy.
     They were outside, a couple meters from house, when Y/N slowly put Isaac down.
     "I'm not the evil werewolf. I'm just doing what my Alpha told me to.", Isaac said breathing very hard.
    "Okay, good wolf. Now you have to stay calm because I have to pull these knives out. It's gonna hurt but try not to think about it.", Y/N said sitting next to him and holding a handle of one of the knives.
    "Really? You tell me to be calm while you are pulling 4 knives out of me? Thanks a lot.", Isaac said covering his face with his hands.
    "Yes. Think about something that makes you happy or think about someone. I don't know. Just- just don't think about this. I'm starting so you'd better be ready. One, two, three.", Y/N closed her eyes and pulled the knife out.
     Isaac screamed so loud that Y/N jumped a few steps back.
    "I'm sorry but please- survive!", Y/N said coming back and quickly pulling the other one out. Isaac screamed again but this time even louder. Y/N knew she had to go on and ignoring Isaac's screams, she pulled another one.
    "Y/N!", Isaac screamed as loud as he could. Y/N stepped back again and her eyes filled with tears. It was so heartbreaking for her to see Isaac in that pain. He was holding for his chest and stomach and he was rolling left and right. Y/N rubbed her eyes and cleared her throat so Isaac couldn't her crying voice. She stopped him from rolling and held him still.
    "Please, Isaac! Keep holding on. It's almost done. Just one more. Alright?", Y/N took a deep breath. She felt tears in her eyes again but she had to do it. She closed her eyes, stopped her breathing and pulled the last knife out and with Isaac's scream, she dropped it on the ground. She kept her eyes closed while tears were rolling down her cheeks. She started breathing again and she looked at Isaac. He was looking at her. Y/N just then noticed how bloody they were.
    "I'm sorry.", she whispered, looking at the ground.
    "Don't be.", Isaac said with cute smile. His eyes were sparkling and he slightly lifted up to wipe Y/N's tears off.  "You saved me from pain and possible bleeding out. And you didn't have to do any of that."
      "I couldn't let you to be in that condition. Now, you can normally heal. I'm glad that I helped.", Y/N smiled.
      "I feel like I had to go through serious pain to get to you. I don't know anyone who was more gentle to me. And I don't know how I didn't notice you earlier. I mean, I knew you but...", he stopped, starring at her eyes, "... I never paid attention."
     "Well, it's a summer night. The night is long to pay more attention.", Y/N smirked.
     "Not long enough.", Isaac said laughing, "Do you want to know what I was thinking while you were pulling the knives out?"
     "Sure.", Y/N smiled again.    
She didn't know why, but being close to Isaac made her happy somehow. She felt so comfortable in his company and she didn't know him that well. All she knew was that she wanted to spend more time with him under the sky full of stars, while the night is still young.
     Isaac opened his mouth to say but then they heard someone was calling for Y/N. She stood up to see where that came from.
    "I'm here! Outside.", she yelled.
Scott appeared on the door, followed by Stiles, Allison and Lydia. Scott saw Y/N's bloody hands and clothes and he jumped to her. Others ran after him.
    "Oh my God, are you okay?"
He was turning Y/N in all ways to see where the blood came from.
    "Scott, Scott! It's okay. The blood isn't mine. It's...", she turned to point at Isaac but he was gone. Y/N looked around herself and she looked at the forest but there weren't any traces of Isaac. She was confused. How could he disappear that fast?
    "Y/N, what is going on?", Allison said worried.
    "N- nothing.", Y/N said looking at the forest, "It doesn't matter. Let's go home."
    She turned her face to them and Lydia hugged her.
     Few days later, Y/N was still confused about that night. Why did he disappear? Why did she feel so good next to him? Why did he smile at her like that? Those were just few questions in Y/N's head. But she didn't see him in school as well and she was dying to talk to him again.
      Y/N was closing her locker when Stiles attacked her with many of his pointless questions.
     "Stiles, just leave it. I don't know why are you so stubborn. It has passed."
     "I know but you still didn't give me reasonable explanation for that night. Your story just doesn't fit.", Stile was jumping around Y/N on their way to the classroom.
     "Stiles, please!", she suddenly turned to Stiles. So quickly that he jumped few steps back. "I told you I slipped on the someone's blood and fell down. That is why I was bloody. End of story."
     They entered the classroom together and before Stiles sat behind Y/N, he started once again.
    "This isn't over."
     "Yes, it is. Give up.", Y/N rolled her eyes. She put her bag on the floor when she saw paper with letter 'Y/F/L' on it. Y/N picked it up and opened it.

'It was you. I was thinking about you while you were pulling the knives out. A warmth of your touch was new to me and it felt so great. I found piece in your eyes and even painful, I'd do anything to relive that night.  I.'

     Y/N had to held her smile and paper from others. It was something hers. Something that really meant to her. Something that assured her that things will be different from now.