Soldier

Song: 'Soldier' by George Shelley

                               ♡♡♡

      3 am. Dark night. Only source of light were the stars and a few street lights in the random street. Dark night but peaceful. The town was in dead silence. People of Beacon Hills were already in their beds. There was no one on the street and no one to make any sound. Only sound was sound of the wind, going through the branches. It was so quiet sound that couldn't wake anyone up. But still, there was a person who suddenly opened her eyes, without specific reason or explanation.
    Y/N looked at the clock next to her bed. She didn't understand why she was awake that late. She fixed her pillow, put hand under it and went back to sleep. Her eyes were closed but something still kept her awake. She pulled her blanket and laid on her back. She crossed her hands and stared at the ceiling, trying to relax her body. Something bothered her and it made her nervous. She couldn't stay still so she turned on other side. She looked at the window. Moonlight was covering floor of her bedroom. It was so bright and clean. Y/N kept looking at it when a shadow passed her window. She stood up and leaned on the wall. She needed complete silente to hear sounds around her so she held her breath for a second. But nothing. Silence was everywhere.
     After a few seconds, Y/N decided to check what was it. She couldn't let it go. She stood up and tip-toed slowly to the window. She wasn't too scared but she still was very careful. She stood against the wall next to the window and tried to hear something again. She didn't hear anything but she saw the shadow moving on her lower roof. Y/N held her breath when the shadow stopped moving. It looked like it sat on the roof. She felt relieved. She put her hair on other side and opened the window.
    "Hey.", Y/N whispered when her eyes met yellow eyes.
    "I'm sorry. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't stay still.", Isaac said rubbing his face and neck. He was looking around himself with faded look. He was barely breathing and he was very pale. The only thing that was telling he was still alive were his yellow eyes.                                     "What happened?", Y/N said with soft voice, leaning on the window with crossed hands.
    "I can't take it anymore. This is all too much. I feel like I'm losing my mind. First these werewolf things have changed my life. I'm too unsteady to be a werewolf. I can't control my anger, my eyes and my claws. I just can't!", Isaac said and hit the roof with fists. Y/N got scared and took a few steps back. She looked around herself, scared that he would wake her mum up. But fortunately there weren't any footsteps in the hallway. She again turned to Isaac and saw that his face was angry now and he was preventing himself from not tearing everything apart.
    "Shh, Isaac.", Y/N came back and wanted to reach for Isaac but he was too far.
    "That's not true. You are normal. Perfectly steady. Things around us are crazy and unstable. Everyone would feel like they are losing their mind. It's not your fault."
Looking at Isaac, being so hurt and miserable, hurt Y/N so much. She wanted to hug him and protect him from all pain.
    "You don't understand, Y/N! I'm broken. My father made me this way." The tears formed in his eyes and he hid his look from Y/N.
    "He broke my spirit, my smile, my will for life. And now. Now I have nothing. I have nothing to live for. And I just can't take it anymore." He put his hand on his face but Y/N still could see tear rolling down his cheek.
    "But what if there is something to live for? Would you change your mind then?", Y/N came even closer. Isaac peeked through his fingers.
    "Like what?"
Y/N jumped on the window in one second and stretched to reach Isaac's hand. She took it and pulled it closer to her.
     "Me. I want to fight with you. To help you through your worst. When you are tired, just come to me. You and I will be an army." Y/N's eyes sparkled so much that Isaac found home in her eyes. He felt so calmed and his heart found peace in her words. He didn't say a word. He held her hand too and they sat in silence for a few minutes.
     A cold air was cutting Y/N's bare skin on arms and feet. She tried to hide it not to break a moment but soon she started trembling.
     "Let's get inside.", she said pulling Isaac with her. Without letting each other's hands go, Y/N and Isaac jumped in Y/N's room.
     "I don't know why I came to you. I just knew you have always calmed me down and... I feel better.", Isaac whispered looking at the ground.
Y/N wiped the tear stains off Isaac's face and hugged him so tight. He was taller than her and her arms covered only part of Isaac's back while he made it to hold Y/N in his arms.
      "I want you to stay tonight.", Y/N whispered into Isaac's chest. He let her go and looked at her with smile.
Y/N went to her bed, lied on it and tapped the other side to show Isaac to come. Isaac took his jacket off and lied next to Y/N. They were looking at each other without saying a word. Just Isaac took Y/N's hand again and kissed it.
     While moonlight was still bright, they both fell asleep with intertwined hands. They were stronger and calmer together. Despite the cruel world, they felt like they could make it, as long as they had each other.