Dear Darlin'

Song: 'Dear Darlin' ' by Olly Murs

                             ♡♡♡

     Girl's night. Gossiping about clothes, makeup, boys. Pillow fights, runway, doing nails, watching movies, eating snacks, playing truth or dare and would you rather. Everyone are always having fun with their best friends. But that 'always' doesn't need to be accurate.
      "Hey. Earth is calling for Y/N."
      "Y/N? Heyyy!"
Y/N twitched to look at Lydia, Allison, Kira and Malia who were staring at her. They were all sitting on Lydia's bed, playing truth or dare. At least that was the last thing that Y/N remembered because soon after that, she lost herself in her thoughts.
    "I'm sorry. What was the question?"
    "There is no question. Lydia was telling us about her makeup when we noticed that you aren't on this planet.", Malia raised her eyebrows.
     "Sorry. I turned myself off for a minute. Go on.", Y/N smiled nervously, putting her legs on bed and waiting for Lydia to start talking again. Lydia looked at her with worried look and then turned back to her story.
      Few minutes later, Y/N turned her look away from Lydia and froze it on the floor. Her mind and thoughts were on other place. She got back to the day before, where she was reassessing her actions and words. Maybe she had been too harsh. But no. It wasn't her fault. She was right. Just things like that had been happening a lot lately. She hated to fight with one of the most important people in her life. But everything was hunting her and to be even worse, it was right behind her. A pressure in her head and chest was too much.
     "Y/N!", Lydia screamed.
Y/N jumped and gasped. She couldn't take in anymore.
     "Y/N/N, is everything alright? You are absent.", Allison said with soft voice, placing her hand on Y/N's shoulder.
     "I think- I think I should go home.", Y/N said standing up and grabbing her bag, "I"m tired. I don't want to ruin your night by not listening to you. But it's not your fault, guys."
      "You won't ruin it. Please stay.", Kira smiled, trying to make Y/N smile as well but with no success so her smile disappeared.
      "Thanks, Kira, but I should go. Thank you for inviting me."
      "Do you want someone to come with you?", Allison said.
     "No, thanks. See ya.", Y/N turned to the door when Lydia stood up, grabbed her hand and pulled her into hug.
     "Call me if you need someone to talk with. And please, be safe.", she whispered to Y/N's ear.
Y/N kissed her and let her go. She looked into Lydia's eyes once again and a little trace of smile appeared on her face before she left the room and 4 girls wondering what was going on.
      It was almost 11 pm. Nobody was on the street. It was warm night but Y/N still felt cold around her heart. She was walking with bowed head and crossed arms to her house but something was dragging her in other direction. She stopped and looked there. There was nothing. So was in any other direction. She looked around herself one more time and went the opposite way of her home. She felt strange feeling inside. Her stomach was knotted, her heart was beating faster, she was shivering. It seemed to her that she was slower with every step and she wanted to hurry up.
      Finally, Y/N arrived to the house. She looked in front of her again, sighed and went to knock on the door of Scott's house.
      "Hey.", Melissa's smiley face appeared on the door and Y/N felt like her heart calmed for a second, "What brings you here in this hour?"
      "I'm sorry. I know it's late but is Scott or Isaac here? Maybe?", Y/N smiled but not with her sincere smile like she always did.
      "No. They went somewhere."
Y/N felt relieved but sad at the same time because she didn't get what she wanted.
      "Is everything alright?", Melissa noticed that Y/N was upset and she stepped towards her but Y/N stepped back.
      "Yes. I just wanted to ask him- I mean, them, something but never mind. It can wait. Thank you anyway. Good night, Melissa.", Y/N tried to smile again, turning away before Melissa could ask her something more and she just heard muffled 'good night' behind her.
       Y/N didn't know was she happy that she didn't find them home or sad because she didn't know what would she say if she did find them. Something obviously bothered her but she couldn't do anything to fix it. She needed to go home but she took the other, longer way to her house. She needed some time alone but deep inside, she wanted Isaac to be there, to hug her, to smile at her, to kiss her.
      Near the road where Y/N was walking, was Y/N and Isaac's place. A little park that was hiding their secrets. A little park that was keeping memories and every inch of that park had something special. Special to Y/N. Y/N was staring at the bench where they used to sit together. She could still feel Isaac's arms around her. But lately, it all started disappearing. Her look was faded and she was looking somewhere in the dark.
      "Y/N!"
Even now, she could hear Isaac's voice.
      "Y/N!"
It happened again. But it sounded real. Like he was behind her. Y/N turned around to see Isaac jogging to her.
     "Hey.", he smiled softly to her.
     "Hey.", Y/N whispered, slightly smiling.
     "Melissa told me you were looking for me. Are you alright?" Isaac came closer to her and put his hand on her cheek.
     "No. I mean, yes. I just...", Y/N closed her eyes for a second, sinking in the touch of his skin but then she took his hand off and sqeezed it, "I've been thinking about our fight from yesterday."
      "It's getting harder and harder with every fight.", Isaac mumbled, holding Y/N's hand tighter.
      "We have distanced, Isaac. Sometimes I feel like you are not even here.", Y/N let Isaac's hand and bowed her head.
      "I know. But sometimes it's better like that. I need to keep you safe."
      "To keep me safe? By going far away from me? That doesn't make any sense." Anger started rushing through Y/N's veins.
     "I'm a werewolf. Stupid things are happening around us. I don't want you to get hurt."
Isaac felt Y/N's anger and he tried to calm it down but he didn't know he was making her angrier and angrier instead.
      "I'm not in danger, Isaac. I need you by myself. If my destiny is to die soon, I want you to be here, in my life. I want to live now..."
      "Y/N!", Isaac was now yelling, "I don't want to hear that. I need you alive."
     "You need me? How much hypocrite can you be? You've been the one distancing and now you 'need me'?"
      "At least, I'm not the crazy teenage girl who goes through the wall with her head and who doesn't think about future."
      "Yes. I don't think about future because I live NOW, not in the fucking future. I want to be here for person I care about."
      "So do I. And that is why I'm taking care of you." Isaac calmed his voice, rubbing his face but Y/N was pissed off. They were just going in circles. She needed to say everything on her chest and he was making it just worse.
      "And here we go again. We are at the beginning again. That is why we always fight, Isaac. We always come to the point where we can't get through. Why? Because we don't understand each other anymore. I don't know what to do else to prove that you're wrong."
      "I'm not wrong, Y/N. You're wrong. And I don't even know why I'm still trying. Only thing we do is fight."
     "Yes. That is true. And what is the point of trying?", Y/N yelled, angrier than ever, "I can't take it anymore. Apparently you can't too. You don't know why are you trying. Neither do I. We just have one thing- fight."
      "I'm sick of this, Y/N. Enough. I'm done.", Isaas yelled, holding his head.
      "Yeah, that's it. That is what we wanted! I'm done too.", Y/N yelled, pulling her hair back and stepping back, "You don't need crazy teenage girl in your life. Goodbye, Isaac Lahey." She turned away, walking fast and she heard Isaac behind her.
      "Fine. Goodbye, Y/N Bening."
      Still pissed off and deadly cold, Y/N was walking fast. Her head was so messed up but she said what she needed to. But with every next step, she felt worse and worse. Soon, her anger was calming down and deadly cold heart started melting. Realizing what just happened, she started running. She felt like her words were chasing her. Their whole conversation was echoing in her head. That was the end. She lost him. She loved him too much to be with him. Her words made her to speed up. She was running away from her words, from him, from everything. Her heart almost jumped out of her chest. She didn't have breath anymore. She was fighting with herself to arrive home. And when she was just few houses away from her house, everything became blurry. Tears filled her eyes and she tried to hold them. She banged on her door and stood there for a second to catch her breath and yelled to her mum.
      "I'm home.", Y/N tried to say between breathing, "I didn't feel very well."
      "Are you okay, honey?", Y/N heard her mum coming to her so she ran upstairs.
      "Yes. I'm tired. Good night.", she said holding her mouth not to sob. She rushed to her bedroom and closed the door. She couldn't hold her tears anymore. She didn't want anymore. She slipped down the door and started crying. She held her hand in her hands while tears were rolling down her cheeks. Tears of sadness, pain, sorrows. She fought with herself to cry and breathe at the same time. In all that agony, she saw her and Isaac's photo on the night table. She jumped, took the photo and crashed it on the floor.
       The next day Y/N was everything except human being. Her eyes were red, her cheeks pale and her body weak. She was empty inside. Many of her friends were stopping her, asking if she was alright. She would just nod and tell them she didn't have much sleep.
       In the classroom, a desk in the last row was empty. Isaac was gone. Y/N would look at it from time to time and then turn look away when tears would appear again. Same thing was in next few days. Stiles and Scott saw there was something wrong with Y/N and they didn't know where was Isaac. When they asked Y/N, she said it wasn't unusual from him to disappear. She tried to keep it cool but she was tearing apart even though everyone else secretly knew that they broke up.
       Y/N was finally getting better. She was still in bad shape but you could catch her smile sometimes. She was smiling with Stiles one day when her eye cought someone. Isaac. He was coming with Scott. He looked at Y/N with sad face. His mouth twisted in one side. His look was faded. He nodded at Y/N and turned away. The pain filled Y/N's soul again. She found it hard to breathe but she still kept smile on her face.
       In the class, Y/N didn't dare to turn behind her. She wanted, so bad, but she couldn't. She tried to concentrate  but all she wanted is escape. At the end of the class, Isaac rushed next to Y/N and dropped a piece of paper. Y/N looked at it and picked it up. She looked up and saw Isaac on the door while others were passing by. She turned the paper and saw 'Dear Darlin' ' written on it. She looked up and big tear rolled down her cheek. Isaac's eyes were blurry so he just left. He didn't want to hurt her anymore. He couldn't let himself to do that. He loved her and that is why he let her go.