Flares 2

"Are everybody alright? Is my dad okay?", Stiles yelled, nervous and covered in sweat. Scott came to him and put his hand on Stiles' shoulder.
      "Calm down.", Scott whispered. He understood Stiles' pain.
     "Yes but station is ruined. This was just a sign for us to speed up our operation. Pack your bags. We are leaving in 10.", Peter said leaving the room. They all looked at each other and sighed.
       Ten minutes later, they were outside and ready to go. Stiles, Scott, Y/N, Kira and Lydia were driving in Stiles' jeep, Chris, Peter, Allison and Isaac in Chris' car and Ethan and Aiden were following them with their motors. No one talked. Everyone were quiet, worried on their own way. Y/N was looking through the window. She laid her head on her hand, looking at the dark silhouettes of trees that were constantly changing. She had a bad feeling inside. She always had that feeling when they were going in some dangerous adventure but that time it was worse. The feeling was bitterer, deeper, scarier. Lydia felt her worriedness and took her hand. Y/N looked, smiled nervously and looked away again.
        Soon they arrived at the dark, ruined warehouse. Gate was broken and covered in poison ivy while warehouse was in better shape but still it was near to crash down.
       "Are you ready?", Chris asked, looking at each person. They all were worried and scared but they still nodded, preparing their weapons, claws, bows, swords and everything else they had in hands.
       "Good luck and be safe." Chris nodded, encouraging them. They were about to go, everyone on their side, but Y/N couldn't go just like that.
       "Isaac!", she yelled. Isaac turned to her and she ran into his hug. He wrapped his hands around her and held her as tighter as he could.
      "Be careful, alright?", Y/N said into his chest.
      "I think it would be you who should be more careful.", Isaac smiled.
       "Maybe but I don't wanna let you go."
      "You have to, love. For now. I'll see you later.", Isaac said, letting Y/N go but still holding her hands, "And then you'll never let me go. Fine?" Isaac laughed and Y/N along with him. She looked down and Isaac bowed and kissed her. It was long and full of love kiss.
       "C'mon, you two. Save that for later.", Peter grumbled.
Isaac let Y/N go, smiled at her one more time and went with Allison and Ethan. Isaac left but Y/N's concern was still there. The bad feeling didn't leave her chest but she couldn't do anything about it. She turned away and joined Scott and Kira who were already waiting for her.
       Slowly, carefully and determined, Scott, Kira and Y/N entered the tunnels.
      "So this is the safest tunnel?", Kira asked, looking around herself. Stone walls and ground were making dark tunnel even darker and only source of light was Y/N's flashlight.
       "Yes. This is the tunnel B. The longest and safest tunnel. It also leads to the inner room where Melissa could possibly be. Chris counted on that and that is why he sent us here. Others need to take care of Berserkers and Kate.", Y/N whispered last sentence. It was hard for her to say that because her bad feeling was just getting worse.
       "Yes. That is sort of a good plan. I'm worried about the others.", Scott said.
       "Tell me about it.", Y/N thought, getting more and more worried.
       "I'm glad we have you so we won't get lost here.", Scott laughed. He tried to make situation slightly better even though danger was in the air.
       "Yes.", Y/N tried to laugh and to hide her nervousness, "I wish everyone had someone like me so I can lead and take care of everyone."
They stopped on the intersection. It was two ways, left and straight forward.
      "We need to go left or else we will meet with Lydia, Stiles and Aiden...", Y/N said.
       "...and we mustn't do that.", Scott finished.
        They kept walking and walking. They knew it was late but no one had watch or phone.
       "What do you think, how long have we been walking?", Kira asked.
      "An hour or so I think.", Scott said.
      "Wait! What is this?", Y/N stopped when her feet stepped in some liquid. Scott crouched and touched it.
     "It's the water. It's not supposed to be here."
      "We have to hurry!", Y/N said and all of them started running.
As they were running, the water was splashing. The tunnels were making noise louder and they needed to speed up.
      "I'm catching my mum's scent!", Scott yelled and took a lead. Kira and Y/N ran after him but he stopped again and they bumped into him.
      "Berserkers are here!" Scott said, covering Kira and Y/N. Loud growling and hard footsteps were coming to them.
      "We need to go there.", Y/N pointed at the smaller enter on the right.
      "You two go and I'll hold them back while you find my mum.", Scott said, turning into werewolf.
      "Not now, Scott. Later.", Y/N grabbed his arm and pulled him into right enter. Kira followed them and after some running, they ran into area with big door in front of them and two tunnels next to it.
      "This is where water comes from.", Kira said tying to step out of water but everything was flooded.
      "My mum's is in there." Scott reached for the door when Kira screamed "Watch out!" and pulled Scott back. The Berserker was next to him and it was close to cut Scott's head. Scott got back on his legs and fought back along with Kira. Y/N didn't wait and she jumped to try to open the door. The noise and fear didn't let her and pissed off, she started hitting the door.
      "Y/N, step back!", Scott yelled and Y/N did it reflexively. He and Kira managed to somehow throw Berserker on the door that instantly crashed and water came out. Wet and surprised, they looked up to see tied up Melissa in the room that was almost completely flooded. They ran through the water, next to unconscious Berserker and grabbed Melissa's chair. Y/N pulled a rug out of Melissa's mouth while Scott pulled the rope apart.
      "Thank God. I thought I'd drown.", Melissa gasped, sitting up and rubbing her wrists.
The growls became louder and they looked at the door.
      "More of them are coming.", Kira muttered.
       "Y/N!", Scott looked at her, "Take my mum on the surface. Rest of the team will be there. Kira and I will hold them back."
      "Scott, no!", Melissa yelled.
      "Mum, this is our only chance."
     "Scott, I have a bad feeling.", Y/N finally said with shaky voice.
     "Everything will be alright. Just go up. You will make it.", Scott nodded his head, showing Y/N how much he believed in her and Y/N nodded back. She took Melissa's hand and went on the other side where were another locked door.
      "Not this time.", Y/N said, grabbing a metal rod that was near her and hitting the door with it. After few hits, the door crashed and Y/N looked at Melissa who had smile on her face. Y/N smiled as well, clenching the rod in her hand. Both of them started running and they didn't stop until they found the ladders that were taking them on the surface. Y/N went first, opened the little door and then helped Melissa to climb as well. They were outside on the cold and dark night. They were wet so it was even worse.
       "This way." Y/N pointed and they were running when they heard a growl.
      "Isaac!", Y/N stopped, dropping the rod and looking the other way.
      "How do you know?", Melissa asked.
      "I know his growl. I need to find him.", Y/N started running in other direction and Melissa went after her.
      "No! Y/N, wait!"
Y/N didn't hear Melissa. She was rushing through the night with wet clothes, hair and eyes. Her bad feeling was choking her and she found it hard to breathe. Her intuition was leading her and it led her to the area where Isaac and Allison were fighting with Berserkers. Isaac was bloody and injured. Y/N felt tears in her eyes with just look at him. She couldn't help him. She couldn't call for him.
      "We need to get away from here.", Melissa said behind her, "They'll be fine."
      "No. I can't leave him." Y/N wanted to run and before she could do that, Melissa grabbed her.
      "No! Let me go!", Y/N was resisting, trying to break free but Melissa's hug was too tight. Y/N was watching how they were beating Isaac. He stood up and fought back. With Berserker on the ground, Isaac saw Y/N with the corner of his eye.
       "Go away, Y/N!", he yelled and when he wanted to run, looking at Y/N with his bloody but still blue eyes, Berserker was faster and stabbed Isaac's chest with his blade. The top of the blade went through his chest and Isaac's body was hanging on it.
      "NOOO!", Y/N screamed at the top of her lungs.
Berserker pulled his blade back and Isaac's lifeless body fell on the ground. In the blink of an eye, Berserker disappeared along with others.
Melissa's arms became shaky and she let Y/N go. Y/N's tears finally rolled down her cheeks and she rushed to Isaac, falling on the ground next to him. She turned him down and put his head on her lap.
      "No! Isaac! No!", Y/N was choking in her tears, "You're gonna be alright."
She put her hand on his chest while blood was leaving his body fast, soaking everything around. She felt how his heart was slower and slower.
       "Y/N." Isaac was coughing blood, trying to smile. He put his hand on Y/N's hand that was on his chest, "Y/N. Listen to me."
      "No, Isaac. Shh. Don't talk."
Y/N kissed Isaac's forehead while her tears were falling on his face. She held him in her arms. She wanted to hug him and protect him. She wanted to take his pain away.
      "I- I love you." Isaac squeezed Y/N's hand, coughing in her chest, "Don't... don't... forget that. Ever."
      "Shh.", Y/N cried, putting her forehead against Isaac's and looking straight into his eyes. Isaac took Y/N's hand from his chest, kissed it and put it on his neck. Looking at Y/N, the tear fell down from Isaac's eye and his eyes stopped moving.
      "No. No. Isaac.", Y/N said breathing harder and harder, helpless to calm down but getting ready to scream,
"NO!"
Her painful screaming filled the air that moon would cry if it could. Allison turned her look away, not being able to hide her tears. Melissa covered her mouth and closed her eyes.
        Y/N felt her heart going in million pieces. A pain that filled her body was indescribable. She wasn't able to take that pain out. She cried and sobbed at the top out of her lungs. Her every sob was heartbreaking, full of pain and sorrow. She was tracing through Isaac's wound, kissing his forehead over and over again, like she was hoping it would bring him back. His immovable eyes were still looking at her softly and she didn't have courage to close them. She lost them. She lost those eyes forever. She lost Isaac. She lost the love of her life.
       Scott and Kira arrived in that moment. Scott fell on his knees from the view he had, Y/N's look at him while she was holding Isaac.
Y/N screamed one more time but louder than ever before. She was choking on the air. She couldn't breathe anymore. She looked up, seeing all those bright stars and one brightest star. Her star. She held Isaac's head in her hug, sobbing while her look became blurry. She could see just silhouettes coming to her. She didn't care. No one could understand her pain.
       Knock on the door. Nothing. Knock on the door. Nothing. Stiles opened the door slowly and entered the dark room. He was lucky he knew furniture collocation or else he would bump into something. He came to the window and removed the curtains. Sunlight filled the room and gave it a little life. Stiles turned around and saw the reason he came there- Y/N sitting on the ground. She was wearing black T-shirt, black jumper, black jeans and black high heels. Her hair was messy. Her look was faded, pinned at the ground. Her face was pale, along with her lips. The only thing that was showing she was still alive was squeezing the object in her hands. Stiles noticed it as soon as he saw her. She was holding Isaac's scarf. Stiles slowly came closer and sat on her left side.
      "Y/N/N.", Stiles said slowly with weak voice, "You need to get up. You need to talk again. It's been 2 days and you haven't said a single word."
He waited a minute to see Y/N's reaction but she didn't say a word.
       "Isaac wouldn't want this.", Stiles finally said, "I didn't love him that much but I know how much he meant to you. He is a hero. He helped us to save Derek and Melissa. To catch Kate. He wouldn't want to see you like this."
Y/N moved her look from ground to the window. Stiles shut up again, waiting for response.
      "He lied to me.", Y/N finally said with rough voice, "He said he would meet me afterwards. He never did. He died in my arms instead. If I had known that, I would have never let him go."
       "You couldn't know that. No one could. Don't blame yourself."
       "Why did it have to be him? Only him.", Y/N muttered.
      "I don't know. But there is one thing I know.", Stiles said, turning Y/N's face to him, "Even I knew how much he loved you. Just remember that every time you remember him."
Y/N sighed and she let a tear down. Stiles pulled her in a hug and she held him so tight. She didn't cry. She couldn't do that anymore. She was empty. Isaac left a huge emptiness in her heart. He left without knowing that heart will always beat just for him. Either on this or that world.

Hey, guys. Thanks for reading my story. This chapter was really painful for me and I felt actual pain writing it. I hope you like it as much as I do. 😊
All the love xxx I.