-Chapter 8-

Y/N's P.O.V
I finally walked out of the bathroom, I took a shower as well. So my hair might be wet because a certain puppy chewed the cord to my blow drier. I'll have to buy some chew toys for Puff later.

As I hung up my now wet towel and walked out to the living room,I saw Colton staring at me. A blue hue on his face. I wonder how and what it is really.

"Are you feeling alright? You've been staring for quite some time now."
He snapped out of his little trance thing and looked away. Wonder what that was all about.

"Are you feeling alright Detective L/N?" Again with the detective bullcrap.

"Yes I'm fine Colton. Should we get going?" I held the door open waiting for him to walk out.

But he got up and walked into the kitchen, I just watched what he was doing.

The RK900 took down the huge bag of dog food I had bought for Puff just last week and started scooping food into his bowl. Putting water in his water bowl and finally walking out the door.

I can't believe it, I forgot to feed my own dog! The small puppy waddled his way up to me. I bent down and petted him, he started licking my hand.

A car honk brought me out of my thoughts. Wait a minute, how did he get my car keys? And why is he on the drivers side? That's my side! I put Puff on the couch and ran outside.

"What are you doing?"

"Driving you to work? Is there a problem?" Why did he look so innocent?

"Kinda, I can drive myself y'know."

"In that condition I doubt it. Now hurry up and buckle in. We need to be on time."

I just sighed and got in on the other side,it was too early to argue and I wasn't quite feeling like arguing.

~~~~~
The drive so far is quiet and enjoyable. I can hear myself think on these not so busy streets.

But the car came to a stop. I looked out the windshield, I'm bright neon yellow and orange.

'Road work ahead!' (Yea, I sure hope it does)

I groaned and rubbed my face. Colton backed out of the now blocked off road and onto a side rode.

But the road looked so familiar, it was by a park with small kids running around. Adults sitting on the benches and supervising their kids.

You are my sunshine

Now I know why it looks so familiar! Chris was shot here!

My only sunshine

We were just walking in the side road by the park. It was kind of dark out but we could still see. Me, Christina, Christopher and our dad. Chris was skipping about, holding onto my hand as we walked.

That was my mistake, holding his hand while he walked by the curb. I should have been the one taking the bullet, not him.

You make me happy, when skies are grey

"Come on! I wanna get home to see the new episode of Dino Dan!" His little cheerful voice reached my ears. I just let a smile break out while Christina and Dad laughed.

"Well get there before the show even starts, if we're late I'm sure you'll see the rerun of it." Our father's gruff voice said.

Out of the blue, a car came skidding around the corner. Gunshots coming from the car could be heard, but it all happened to fast for me.

You'll never know dear, how much I love you

"Take cover!" My older sister yelled out. Before I even had time to react another gunshot was heard. But it sounded like it hit something or someone.

His hand let go of mine, his body falling to the ground. Blood pouring out of him.

Please don't take my sunshine away

The screaming, the crying. All in between, the pain was too much. I couldn't stand seeing my own little brother in that hospital bed.

The android doctor coming out and pronouncing him dead. The restless nights I had because I thought I was responsible for his death.

My sister told me it wasn't my fault, my father informed me it wasn't my fault. But it felt like it, that I could have done something before different. He would have might lived to see his next birthday.

It should have been me on that stretcher, it should have been me to take the shot. Then he would still be here by my side, wanting to play his little silly games. Wanting to play Just Dance 4 again, might break a window or two because we didn't strap the band on the Wii remote properly.

"Y/N! Come on! I wanna stay up and see Santa!" Christopher told me on Christmas Eve. Who was I to say no? I still remember the times he would get upset and cry. So every time he did I sung this to him.

You are my sunshine.
My only sunshine
You make me happy,when skies are grey
You'll never know dear,how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

He'd stopped crying after that and ask the same question: "I'm your sunshine?" I always respond: "Your the light to my dark. Without you I'll be lost in that darkness."

I was so lost dwindling in the past, I didn't notice Colton calling out my name.

"Detective L/N! Y/N, are you alright?" I snapped my head in his direction. I didn't even know I was crying until I sniffled and touched my face.

"Is something the matter? Your crying." He said keeping his eyes foward until he parked in the DPD's garage parking lot.

"Nothings wrong, I'm fine. Let's go." I unbuckled my seat belt and got out the car, slamming the door close. I stormed into the DPD, not caring about the stares I got and Gavin's 'Jeez, you look like crap' comments.

I just went to my desk and hid the photo of Christopher with all of us on my desk. Hank and Connor looked in my direction. They didn't say anything but the looks they have said enough.

'Sorry.' What did they have to be sorry for?

Know what? I'm just going to get the job done and go home, I don't need this mess so early in the morning now.