-Chapter 28-

Y/N's P.O.V

"Dove!"

That one nickname used to mean so much, now it's just the name of a bird coming from him. I turned on my heel, anger boiling inside me for some reason as I tried not to drop the files in my hands. I couldn't take it, the nights that I spent alone, wishing for my beloved Colton. They were cold, painful, lonely, but then all for nothing.

"The fuck do you want? Can't you see that I'm busy?"

That was a lie, and he seemed taken back by my words. I've never lashed out on him like that, but he's hit a sensitive topic. The nerve he has, getting to "certain" levels with Gavin, and the coming back to me as if I'm a rebound. I'm no one's rebound.

He clenched his hand, keeping whatever it was in there safe and secure.

"I only want a minute of your time, please?"

There were the puppy eyes he does when he wanted something. Now they meant nothing to me. Just blue orbs striking with brown.

"Fine, make it quick. I don't like wasting time. You of all people should know."

He gently grabbed my wrist, leading me away from the prying eyes of the other officers. His touch was the same as before, soft and delicate. No, I can't feel like this! We're not together anymore, he belongs to one of my good friends. He took me to the evidence room, just the two of us.

"The hell are we doing here Tin C- mfph!"

I was cut off with a swift kiss, slow and passionate. It was needed after all this time.

"I'm sorry. Please. I don't remember what happened during repairs, but I realized that I don't want Gavin. It's you I want. W-will you take me back?"

It felt like a cliché break up-make up. Either take him back, or leave him here broken like this.

"Colton, you and I both know that may not happen. Look at us! I-I can't, God I can't!"

His face turned from sadden to depressed in a matter if time. It pained to see for what a few simple words could have done. I could at least try.

"But, that doesn't mean I won't give you a chance. Turtle."

As soon as the nickname left my lips, his facial expression changed. From depressed to hopeful that he might have a chance. Well, it's only one so he better not waste it.

"Just one chance, uno no dos. UNO!" I stuck up one finger in his face as he chuckled and held my hand again.

"I know, and I hope that's all I need, Dove. I promise, I'll try my hardest no matter what."

"Good, so who repaired you?"

"Kamski, Elijah Kamski."

Looks like I'm making a stop after work.

((Hello, lovelies! I'm so sorry for the long wait! But with school and everything else, they've been sucking away my power to write. So I'll write whenever I can. Until then, there will be slow updates. Thank you for understanding. Also, sorry this is so short.