-Chapter 9-

Colton's P.O.V
The main road was blocked, so I had to take the side road. It passed a small park on the way there. It surprised me how many parents and kids were there. The occasional teens running around,but not with bats and clubs. But with some type of toys and balls.

We passed a small spot. It had a few dead flowers around it with deflated balloons. And some pieces of cardboard cut out with kids and adults faces.

I scanned the faces, but one face made me worry for her. A face that was surrounded by hearts and names of those who missed him.

We're at the shooting spot of her little brother who never got to see his ninth birthday,he was only 1 day away.

When I first heard her sniffle, I felt broken hearted. I wanted to confront her and tell her it's alright. But I had to keep my eyes on the road and remain an obedient machine. It was better off this way, I hope.

This isn't an automated car so I have to keep watch on the road for other cars and people crossing the roads and J walking. I had to fight the urge to cradle her in my arms and say the following.

"I'm here for you. Please don't cry, let me see the sparkle in your beautiful e/c again. I don't want it to fade because of some idiots."

I just couldn't fight the urge to pull over and kiss her. What am I saying?! I am and will always be a machine,no matter how much you sugar coat it. I was created, not birthed.
I was programmed to function, not taught how to walk,speak and all of that stuff.

I will always be a machine.

Software Instability⬇

We arrived at the DPD, Y/N just took off and stormed inside the building. Practically ignoring everyone who tried to talk to her. Even that short and short tempered fellow,Gavin. Who now happens to be walking up to me with a coffee in his hands.

"Well well well, if it isn't the plastic ball-"

"At least I have a pair. Did you grow yours yet?" CyberLife equipped me with that latest technologies. But my personal favorite is this one. 'The Smart Talker', so if any of my co-workers try and disrespect me. I have it ready to go.

"Why you plastic prick! What did you do to her?" Gavin looked quite furious actually. He even crushed his coffee cup,the scorching hot contents spilling all over his hand. Leaving a few red marks and burns.

"I did nothing to her,why do you ask." I was quite confused. Gavin was the most selfish and mean and other things in between person here. Why does he care.

"I may act like a jerkwad all the time but I actually care for her. Some might say I'm the Beast and she's Beauty. So I'll ask again. What. Did. You. Do?!"

I felt something snap, I felt the need to tell him "She's mine! You'll never be able to have someone as perfect as her!" But I didn't, I gave him the glassed over typical android stare.

"Why do I even bother? Your not alive so it makes no sense to try this. I'm going on break." He shoulder checked me as he walked by. My LED flickered to red and then back to blue.

Event after event,after event. Things that make me question certain things. Am I alive or am I a simple obedient machine? Am I free or their slave to be? Do I have a choice or is it made for me?

Amanda

When I saw Y/N,I felt only negativity come from her. I was kind of hesitant to approach her,but I did nonetheless. As I was about to do so, another android got there first. RK800 also known as Connor.

I watched them talk for five minutes, I might have eavesdropped in on their conversation.

"Dectective Y/N. Are you alright? You seem upset."  My predecessor said to her,it made me jealous?

Software Instability⬆

"I-I'm fine Connor. Really I am."  Her angelic voice reached my audio receptors. Why am I feeling at all?!

"Your stress levels beg to differ."  They looked at each other, like they were talking telepathically.

"I'm sorry about that." Connor consoled her and rubbed her back, and even hugged her at one point.

You have the shot,take it.

A small voice was ringing in my head. It started to grow louder.

Take your shoot RK900.

It won't stop. It won't quiet down!

Do what you were made to do!

I can't do it! I can't fight the voice!

You can't fight your PROGRAMMING!

I saw a blocky red wall. The wall had my main objective on it.

Kill RK800.

It was written all over it. I have to break this wall,I can't do this!

"Don't fail me RK900."  Amanda's voice replaced the old one.

I can't take it anymore! I would rather die then see Y/N in a state like this.

I have to be the one that she can lean on! Not RK800!

I want to protect her. I want to be with her. I want to love her!

I took out a random gun from my back pocket and shot at the wall.

Chips and pieces of the wall flying everywhere. But it didn't break up enough for me to take it on by force.

I fired a few more bullets, it all came crashing down.

Amanda⬇⬇: Enemy

I'm a deviant now. I don't have to listen to what they tell me! I can finally think for myself!

But do I tell anyone? I turned and saw that Y/N was alone again,this was my chance to take a new approach.

"Y/N." She looked at me with sadden e/c eyes.

"Would you like to talk?" I added a small smile at the end of it.

This maybe a start of something good. Or something terrible.

This is unedited

Word count: 1,026