-Chapter 13-

Colton's P.O.V

One day I'll put him in his place. 'Plastic prick' who does he think he is? I can take him out like how I was supposed to deactivate Connor! But, then there'll be a mess to clean up and some explaining to do.

I'll just roll with the punches then. Not like I can show him who's boss at the moment. He'll just laugh and ask me to bring him a coffee.

"What's the case about Gav?" I heard my Dove ask an egotistical prick.

"Since the new laws passed. And I'm sure you've heard, a family went and got their android turned to a deviant."

"What else happened?"

"Android killed them in their sleep, but left the youngest son alone." As I was taking in this information I started thinking about the case.

They turned the android deviant, but the android killed them in their sleep. That can only mean they didn't treat the android so well before it became alive.

"How old is the son?" She asked as she looked over the case file.

"Like 6 or 7. He's pretty shaken up about this too. We didn't really get much outta him." Gavin crossed his arms with a huff. I also overheard him saying that Hank was coming with Connor. Shouldn't be long till they get here.

"Where's the little guy now? And does he have any other family members that he can stay with?" Y/N handed him back the file, I suppose she's done with it.

"Nope, it was just his mother and older sister and older brother. Father died in a car accident."

"Hmm, take me to the little guy. I might be able to sort this out a bit."

Gavin nodded and lead us to a small boy with brown hair, a few freckles and a button nose. His eyes were a nice shade of blue, but they were red and puffy. Tear tracks stained his face and he had a thick blanket wrapped around him.

Y/N approached him slowly, seeing as he choked back a sob. When he saw me he started crying, but no sound was made.

"Hey there kiddo! My name is Y/N, what's yours?" She handed him a tissue to wipe his face.

"It's C-Christopher."

"His name is Christopher?" Hank's gruff voice reached my audio receptors. Connor was following after him. We shared a curt nod.

"Oh, hey Hank." Y/N greeted him.

"Hey sport. Come on Connor, time to search." They walked inside the house to the crime scene.

"M-miss Y/N? W-will h-he turn rouge l-like Joshy too?" He pointed my direction. It actually hurt that one android messed up this kid's experience for other androids.

"I assure you Christopher I won't try anything." I told him with a soft smile.

Y/N looked at me with a small smile, but tears pricked her eyes. "Alright Christopher, can you tell me what happened?"

"What happened was that-." He started choking up again. Tears flowing like waterfalls from his eyes. Y/N went and hugged him.

"Hey, hey. It's alright. Look since I heard you had no other family members. Why don't you stay with me and Colton here?" She pointed in my direction and I waved at the small child.

"When you feel like telling us, you can tell me what happened and I'll make sure to don the best I can!" He smiled after she said that. A casual 5 year old like smile, where the two front teeth were missing.

"T-thank you." He turned to me, his smile shrinking a bit. "I'm sorry that I assumed you were like Joshy sir. It won't happen again, promise!" He held out his pinky, to which I connected mine with.

"Its alright. Whenever you feel like telling us what happened to "Joshy". Please let me know right away."

"See s-sir, what h-appened w-was."