-Chapter 10-

Colton's P.O.V
"Would you like to talk?" I said with a short smile. Her head snapped in my direction. I must have caught her off guard.

"Talk? What about? I'm fine really." She tried to wave me off with her casted arm. I still felt awful about what happened. Like it was all my fault. But the past is the past, no matter how painful it is.

"Are you sure? Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you Y/N. I want to help." I told her. Wait, did that give away a hint I'm deviant? Couldn't have, could it?

I don't want to be destroyed! I don't want to go back to CyberLife! I can't stand seeing the workings in lab coats and carrying parts and accessories to build others. I want to live! I want to protect! I want to touch! But most importantly, I want to love.

Software Instability ⬆

But part of me still feels like a machine made to obey. Carry out orders and be their slave for the rest on my existence. I thought I opened my eyes. But part of me still feels like it's being dragged down into the darkest of abyss. Never to be seen or heard from again.

Software Instability ⬇

It's a great and horrific feeling at the same time. It's scary and calming. That's really the only way I can describe it. I can't really grasp the felling.

"L/N! MY OFFICE! NOW!" Fowler's voice brought us both out of our tranches. I heard her groan and got up with a fit out of the spinning chair. I followed her, at least one foot behind her.

As she entered the glass office and held the door open for me as I walked in, she seemed distressed. Like she was taken apart and then put together the wrong way.

"Sir?" The emotionless voice of an angel asked.

"L/N, as I can see from your casted arm. The mission was a slight failure. We do have the deviants body. So see if you can get anything out of it. If not, go home. You'll need the rest. Take as long as you like, but nothing over five months. Got it?" Jeffrey Fowler informed the one that made me alive. I think?

"Understood sir, I'll get right to it." He waved his hand at her as a sign of ' Hop to it'. We both left the glass box and went straight to the Archives Room. I watched as she put in her password.

MyBossIsAMilkDud

Odd choice for a password, but it's not mine so I can't say anything. The walls separated from the middle and pulled apart. Revealing the body of an AP700, and a few other bits and pieces of evidence.

My focus was on the AP700, the one that shot Y/N in the arm. It looked impossible for reactivation.

"So, your the android. Can it be turned on again?"

"From the looks of it. It cannot. It was shot in the head, impossible reactivation."

I heard her groan and lock up the evidence again. So much for finding the hiding locations of deviants.

Software Instability ⬇

But why would I help get rid of my own people? We are alive. We might not bleed the same color, but we live!

We see the cruelty in the world for us.

We hear the hate comments they say about us.

We feel the beatings they give us for simply messing up one command.

We are alive. Not the way you want us to be, but we are alive.

"Well, let's go. I'm on break until my arm heals and we off the cases for a while." She informed.

I gave her a nod and followed her outside to the main door, feeling Gavin glare at me the entire time. I didn't quite mind it, he's just jealous or something. He'll get over it and live.

(~Time Skippy~)

We arrived at Y/N's house quite earlier than expected. Since she's on a short break, I'll help her so her arm can heal faster.

"You ok over there buddy?" She asked my from sitting on the couch in a light blue short and a pair of black shorts.

"Yes, I'm fine. Are you alright? Considering your injury-."

"I'm fine Nines, I'm fine."

Nines? Is that a new nickname or something? I'll ask later-

Incoming Transmission....

This is unedited