-Chapter 23-

Colton's P.O.V

Black, I choose black. The color meaning so many things, some good, some evil. It means power, authority elegance and formality.

But also mystery, power, fear an strength. Black like a innocent kitten, or black like a tainted heart. But the color suits me well actually, black like mystery. I don't know really, and I hope this doesn't make me goth.

My LED still shone in my pocket,does it ever dim down or does it just keep blowing that crimson red forever?

Suddenly an alert flashed, it stated the following.

Subconscious Removed, Needs Repairing.

Subconscious? Amanda, is that what it meant, I hope so. I grew tired of our talks. But mostly that boat, the wood it was made of wasn't sturdy, and I just didn't like it. Let me have my opinion.

"Mr. Colton, what are you doing?" I heard the voice of my little Fighter, Christopher. It's only seven in the morning, why is he up?

"Yes Chris? Are you alright? Is there something wrong?" The poor child's face held confusion as he rubbed the sleep out his eyes.

"You're not Mr. Colton, his hair is brown and he has a light thingy on his head."

Guess nothing gets past him, I ruffled his hair before picking him up. "I'm still Colton, I just changed my hair color and took out my LED." Then he did something I did not expect, he hugged me. I starting regaining my senses and slowly hugged him back.

"Why did you change? You were fine just the way you were."

"I changed to fit in, so I wouldn't stand out so much." I told him. But he looked displeased with my answer. I wonder why, but much wasn't said after that.

"Well, you two are up earlier than me. Well then since I have work, Christopher is going to be staying with a friend of mine." Y/ N walked out, dressed in a dark colored shirt and jeans with her favorite jacket on.

"Who is this friend, if you don't mind me asking." I felt the urge to ask, like a protective father.

"Gavin and his cat, Garfield."

That didn't sound so bad, I mean, I took Gavin for the type to own a raging Rottweiler and sit on a porch with a shotgun and the Rottweiler on a double chain leash.

"Well come on, you and I still have work to get to unlike Gavin."

(One drive to Gavin's place and then your case LATER...)

We were at a case, involved with sniper on the roof. But in broad daylight? I feel like people want attention now, the wrong type.

"Servay the area, they're probably still here." The chief of this case informed.

The sound of bullets rang out, some screamed some ducked for cover.

But a bullet ricocheted off a cop car and aimed in Y/N's direction. Time seemed to slow down for me, with only a matter of four seconds to spare.

4

I called out her name. It was all happening to fast, aimed for her chest.

3

Deciding to stop wasting time, I ran out to her.

2

I pushed her out of harms way.

1

The bullet pirced the thin fabric of the shirt that I took from her closet, I was lucky enough to have found a shirt that fits me.

My thirium heart was hit, the blood turning the white shirt blue. Warning signs appeared in my vision saying I only have a few seconds until complete shutdown.

"COLTON!"

With a small and faint smile, I dropped to my knees. The world with black, but I heard an echo in the distance.

"COLTON! NO!"

Will Colton survive? FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z!