-Chapter 26-

Y/N's P.O.V

Another minute, another hour, another day, without that tin can who I used to call- wait! What exactly were we, but why does it matter? They assigned it with Gavin since I'm too "irresponsible" with androids. I don't get it, he risked his life for me and died, only to come back as this, thing, that forgot about the promises he made and all.

I should have sent him back to CyberLife when I had the chance.

I stared in the mirror as I styled my hair, just the way I like. Christopher has been coming with me to the DPD for the past few days since he wanted to try, and see Colton again. I know it's a risky move, bringing a child to a police station. But everyone there loves him, Hank gets along with him, Connor teaches him those complex coin tricks. Even Fowler was on my ass about it before, but slowly started warming up to the small boy.

Christopher even got to sit in the glass office Jeffery owned when I'm on missions. When I come back, the poor kid is usually tired out at the end. It was cute, but then again, it wasn't.

Whenever Chris tried to see Colton, the plastic doorstop was either on a case, or avoiding the small boy most of the time. I don't get it, he's just a small kid, the small kid that had brought us together before.

Oh well, I guess the Runt will have fun some other way.

I slipped on my badge on my belt loop,and then my jacket. Chris sat by the door waiting on me, playing some game on the Nintendo Switch Tina got him. I swear she'll spoil the kid rotten.

"Ready to go squirt?" I looked up at him while putting on my jacket. I had Chris wrapped like a "Cheetos puff" some would say. It's cold out and I don't need to make a trip to the doctor because of an ear infection or anything that falls into the sickness category.

"I'm ready! Maybe I can see Colton today! If he doesn't stay by Mr. Gavin the whole time." He said the second sentence with sadness in his voice, you could hear it from a mile away. Maybe I guess I'm being hard on Colton, ever since he came back, he's been focused on work. I guess that's the reason he's near Gavin a lot. Who knows, but we should get going before I'm late.

[Insert a catchy time skip line]

"Y/N! I don't see him! Where is he?" Christopher tugged on my hand as we entered the station. I sighed and fixed the LED necklace around my neck. It was the LED from my Colton, not this imposter.

"There he is!" With that said Chris ran off before I could say anything to him. I tossed our coats into the old spinning chair they provided and watched Chris interact with the tin door stop. At first, he was smiling, which turned into a small frown. He huffed and came back over to my desk, defeat written in his adorable features.

"What happened kiddo?"

"He had a case to get to. Why can't we have Colton back, the old one. I don't like this new version." Christopher started to sniffle. I felt my heart break.

"I don't know, but hey! If it'll make you feel better." I took off the small silver chain from around my neck, the one that was holding Colton's old LED. It small circle was still glowing it's luminescent red, sometimes it'll change to blue or yellow for a split second. But it's always on red.

I handed him the small android component. His face lit up a bit as he put it on.

"Thanks Mom! Now I won't forget."

"You're welcome Chris-." I have a small gasp, it went unnoticeable by him.

Mom?!

(Eyyyyyyy-- don't kill me. I know this chapter is short and trash. Either way, I'll let you guys decide how Colton will remember. By Y/N, Chris, or by a small idea that I have? Whichever gets the most votes, wins. So yeeee- Stuffie out!)