I Connor x Reader I

WARNING: cursing, angst, humor, a little bit of fluff

Request: None

Plot: Connor and the reader have to break into Hank's house to sober him up before a case.

My next chapter out will be the second chapter of my Kamski x reader series! 

reader: human

Don't forget to vote and comment! Love you!

________________________________________________________________________________

"This is where Hank lives?" You asked Connor, rubbing your arms for warmth.

He nodded. "Apparently so."

The two of you stood, in the rain (as usual) in front of a small, grungy, run down house in the middle of downtown Detroit. Tiles were missing from the roof and small chimney, and the front garden was full of weeds and mud. The stained white paint was peeling from the exterior of the house. In short, the house was clearly not well kept.

You walked hesitantly behind Connor as he approached the front door and rang the doorbell. You both waited for a moment, but there was no response. 

"Try knocking," you suggested. Connor raised his fist to the door and knocked loudly. "Lieutenant?" He called loudly.

No answer.

You sighed. "Can we go home, Connor?" You asked in a small voice. "I'm cold."

"I know, [Name]. I apologize. I just want to see if he is safe." Connor knocked again on the door. "Lieutenant Anderson! Are you in there?"

You shivered and leaned into Connor's side. "Connor," you whispered. Connor threw an arm around your shoulders and kissed the side of your head. "Let's go around the side of the house."

Connor stepped back into the rain and disappeared around the side of the house. You huffed lightly and followed after him. The android stood at one of the windows, peering in through the glass.

"Connor!" You hissed. "What are you doing? This looks so suspicious!"

"Look inside," he pointed out. "Isn't that the Lieutenant?"

You looked were he was pointing and let out a quiet gasp. Hank was lying face down on the floor of his kitchen, clearly at least unconscious. 

"Oh, my god!" You exclaimed. "Do you think he's dead?"

"No, [name]," Connor said. "I'm sure he's not dead."

"Don't you think it's better that we check?"

"Yes, I do. Please stand back."

Before you could say anything Connor launched himself at the window and broke it with his elbow. He tumbled through the window and into the house with a loud crash. "Connor!" You squeaked, running to the window. "Oh my goodness! Are you okay?"

You looked into the house and your heart leapt into your throat. Sumo, Hank's massive 170 pound Saint Bernard, was towering over Connor (who was spread out quite awkwardly on the ground). 

"Oh my god! No, no, no, no, no! Sumo, bad dog! Get off of him!" You scolded, climbing carefully through the broken window. The dog let out a small whine and retreated a few feet. Sumo sat down on the linoleum, his tongue flopping out of his mouth. "Connor, are you okay?"

The android blinked sweetly up at you. Your heart swelled at the look on his face, and you moved to kneel next to him.

"There is a small incision on my right arm," Connor replied, looking down at the gash. "It is not critical. We should attend to Lieutenant Anderson."

"Right," you said, grasping his hand and helping him up.

The two of you carefully rolled Hank over. "Oh my god, he looks dead, Connor," you murmured. 

"He's not dead. Just asleep." Connor gently slapped Hank in the face.

"Connor..." you warned, sitting cross legged next to him. "Are you sure that's the best way to -"

SLAP!

"Connor!" You exclaimed. "What was that for?"

"It was effective," he pointed out. "I have effectively woken him up."

Hank let out a small groan. "..What the fuck?" He growled and struggled to his feet. He didn't make it three feet across his kitchen before crumbling back to the floor.

"Hank!" You cried out, slinging an arm around his shoulders. The police lieutenant leaned on you heavily. You stumbled with the weight. Connor reached over and hoisted Hank up under the arms. You watched as the android dragged him into his bathroom.

"Sumo, attack!" Hank called drunkenly, his words slurring. The dog let out a loud bark but stayed in his place.

"...good dog. Attack!"

You sighed and shook your head, amused with Hank's behavior. You walked into the kitchen and picked up the bottle of whiskey on the ground. You unscrewed the cap and poured the remnants of the bottle down the sink for good measure. Then you rejoined the boys in the bathroom.

"No,  Connor," Hank was protesting. "I don't want a bath."

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant," Connor said, reaching for the knob to the shower. "You need to sober up."

You clapped a hand over your mouth to stifle a snort of laughter as Connor turned on the shower. Cold water rained down on Hank, drenching his clothes. He started screaming and squirming under the water.

"Turn it off! Turn it - Connor! Turn it off!" Connor complied reluctantly and turned off the water. 

"[Name], how can you just stand there and let him do shit like that?" Hank grunted, wringing out his hair. He sat up groggily and slumped to the floor, leaning against the bathtub. 

"He needs to sleep," Connor pointed out. "I will take him to the couch. Please get him a glass of water."

The android effortlessly bent down and hoisted Hank over his shoulder. He carried the lieutenant out of the bathroom and laid him down gently on the couch. Hank tried to protest, but within a few minutes he was sound asleep.

You breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh my god," you said, slumping down on the couch. You rolled onto the couch amidst a bundle of blankets and switched on the TV. Connor propped Hank up against a few cushions and came to sit next to you. 

Connor wrapped his arms around your shoulders and pulled you close. You rested your cheek on his shoulder and sighed, closing your eyes.

"Why are you sad, [name]?" He asked quietly. You opened your eyes and let your gaze drift over Hank's snoring figure on the couch.

"I wish he wouldn't be so careless," you murmured. Connor rested his chin on the top of your head. "He acts like he doesn't care about his life. At this point, I don't know if he really does care about living anymore."

Connor stayed silent. One of his hands came up to stroke your back. 

"I've known him for so long, Connor," you murmured. A tear slipped down your cheek, but you brought up your hand to wipe it away immediately. "It hurts to see him being so self-destructive."

"I know, [Name]. I'm sorry." Connor sounded sad and unsure of himself. "I think he's getting better. He talks to me a lot about his son. I think that he is starting to get better and move on."

Connor paused for a moment. "I'm sorry I'm not good at reassuring people," he said, smiling playfully. You snorted. "I'm sure everything will be alright."

You sighed again and leaned into Connor. "Thanks, Connor," you murmured, reaching up to kiss the underside of his jaw. "'love you."