I Connor x Reader I

WARNING: none

REQUEST:

Hey, um...I have a request for the dbh book, if you're willing? It's a Connor x reader, but as a colorblind type soulmate au. But Connor was made with color vision, and the first time reader sees Connor he's still non-deviant, so it doesn't affect the reader. And Connor loses the ability to see in color when he becomes deviant, but he thinks it's a software error or something, despite running multiple tests confirming everything was alright. Then he sees reader.

And then you can decide how it goes from here.

lol sorry this took so long. I had another Connor x reader request, and I try not to write two requests for the same character at a time, especially when one is multi part. Enjoy!

reader: human

For: All_In_Due_Time

SOULMATE AU: Your vision is black and white all of your life until you meet your soulmate and fall in love with them.

________________________________________________________________________________

You and Connor had been working together for over a year when the revolution started. 

Connor started working at the station at the worst time possible. Deviants were committing record-high amounts of homicides, and everyone, even you, was a little anxious about his presence. 

After a few weeks, you finally got used to him. Connor was helpful and good at his job, not to mention tall and unnaturally attractive, even for an android. You got extremely close very quickly.  You used to stand behind him and wonder what color his hair, his eyes, and his jacket were. Was his hair really black, or just dark brown? You were colleagues, best friends, and then almost something more - and then the revolution started. 

At first, there were no real signs of a revolution. Connor got swept up in his work with Hank, the media started reporting more on androids, but nobody was dying. There were no riots or raids or anything of the sort.

That quickly changed. 

All of a sudden, the Detroit police department had mountains of work to do - keep the citizens of Detroit safe from an army of deviant androids. You were flooded with work and late nights at the station, and you didn't see Connor for months. He was off solving mysteries and chasing down deviants, leaving you without him for much too long. One night you cried in the station, your back pressed against a wall. Life was chaotic.

Gradually, police officers started to quit. Many retired and moved away to California or out to Florida, away from the androids and the gunfire. It was too much stress for most.

Slowly and steadily, As soon as the revolution started, it was over. Androids were being dismantled and thrown away and that scared you. Connor could be lumped together with everyone else and killed, and you might never find out about it.

Months had passed since the end of the revolution, and you had heard nothing of Connor. Not if he was dead or alive, if he had been dismantled or if he was coming back to work tomorrow. 

It was a late night in the Detroit police department. You were the only one left, working at your desk under the bright white light. You were finishing some late night filing when you heard a noise in the lobby of the station. 

You looked up from your desk towards the lobby. You looked back down, ready to continue your work, when there was another noise. It sounded like footsteps. 

You stood up and crossed the main office, walking towards the entrance. You passed by some empty work spaces and tall, colorless potted plants and walked into the lobby. The lights were still on, displaying the empty secretary desk and velvet couches.

Standing in the middle of the lobby was a tall android with his back turned to you. He turned around as soon as you entered. He turned around, startled, and your jaw dropped.

Your vision exploded with color as Connor gazed at you. His hair was dark brown, his eyes were light blue, and his teeth were the same pearly white as you remembered. Connor grinned at you, widely, and a smile broke out across your own face. You ran towards him and jumped into his arms, hugging him with all your strength as he picked you up and spun you around.

"Brown," you whispered, clinging to his jacket. Tears were starting to leak out of your eyes and roll down your cheeks. "Brown. Your eyes are brown."

"What color are my eyes?" You asked, and Connor met your gaze curiously.

"[eye color]," he murmured softly, and you smiled at him. "But I don't understand. Is this a software malfunction? I've never seen this before. I -"

You shut him up with a kiss, pressing your lips to his. Connor kisses back, clearly confused, but you just laugh at him.

"Don't you know?"