I Ralph x Reader I

WARNINGS: anxiety, sadness/borderline depression

REQUEST: could you maybe do a Ralph x sad/depressed reader? if depressed is a bit too much you can make it like the readers just had a really shitty day. Basically, the reader had been friends with Ralph for a while and she goes to him to vent so its really just a fluffy kind of ralphxreader thats heartfelt. You can do whatever you want around that basic premesis I dont mind

Good god I feel like my imagines have been so depressing lately!! Also a lot of Ralph (not that I'm complaining ofc).

For: RosesWithDragons

____________________________________________________________________________

You opened the door to your bedroom and closed it quietly behind you. You threw your purse onto the carpet at the foot of the bed and sank down onto the mattress, hiding your face in your hands.

You had the shittiest day imaginable. You woke up way too early, it was raining and your important papers got ruined, meaning you had to reprint them, which meant you were late to work and late to your meetings. Some of your coworkers gave you shit for it, which made you feel even worse. You didn't leave work until nine pm - you had to work overtime to get some paperwork done.

Now, it was nine thirty and you felt like you had fifty extra pounds pressing down on your shoulders. You were tired, your back hurt, your feet hurt, and to top it all off, you still had tons of work left to do. It was like a never-ending cycle of stress and anxiety - you just couldn't catch a break. Every time you got something done, there was ten times as much work and stress right around the corner. It was like you were drowning in exhaustion. It made you want to leave your body and just go somewhere else.

You kicked off your shoes and curled up in bed, telling yourself you would only lie down for five minutes. You pulled the comforters over your shoulders, trying to make yourself comfortable.

You probably only lay there for thirty seconds before bursting into tears. You muffled your crying by pressing your face into the blankets, trying to get rid of the tears rolling down your cheeks. The rain outside was torrential, pouring down on the sidewalk and washing away dirt from the concrete. Usually, it would be comforting, but today it just added to your sadness.

Your door creaked open, and you closed your eyes, knowing full well it was Ralph. He was always worried about you - worried about your sadness, or the anxiety. He didn't really understand what it was or how it made you feel, but he always wanted to help.

"[Name]," Ralph murmured from the doorway. In the small room, his voice was strong and clear.

Ralph walked to the bed and sat next to you, placing one hand on your thigh. He looked down at the mattress.

"Ralph wants to know what is wrong," he said. You sat up slowly, pulled the comforters off of your chest and torso, and leaned in close to Ralph. He looped one of his arms around your hips and closed the gap between you in a soft kiss.

When you pulled away, you smiled tiredly back at him. "Just a shitty day," you said quietly, looking down and wiping away any remaining tears. "Nothing major."

"Ralph thinks you should sleep," he suggested, placing a hand on your shoulder as if to push you gently down to the mattress.

You shook your head and moved his hand away from your shoulder, setting it in your lap. You started to play with his fingers. "I can't. I still have work."

"Ralph thinks you should take tomorrow off," he said firmly. "Ralph knows you are tired."

You started to protest weakly. Ralph shook his head, his blonde hair moving with it. "No. Ralph thinks you should sleep."

You sighed and grabbed your phone out of your purse, quickly dialing the secretary of the office. The phone rang three times before she picked up, and you quickly explained the situation to her. She told you she would file your absence and to get well soon, and then hung up. 

You tossed your phone into the messy pile of blankets at the end of your bed and lay down, closing your eyes. Ralph lay down next to you, and as he slipped his arms underneath you and pulled you to his chest, you felt the stress of the day quickly melt away, almost as if he was a cure for the