I Connor x Reader I

WARNINGS: this is a wholesome Connor x child reader fic. enjoy!

REQUEST: Ok this might be really weird but I have a request: reader is a child who is running around on a plaza somewhere. They accidentally bump into connor doing coin tricks and so he drops his coin. They pick it up for him and apologise but soon say they need to go because their ride away from the plaza would be there soon. However, the next morning Connor sees her again in the police station where he's issued with the case of a severely undercooled girl laying in the snow... 

This imagine was pretty short and pretty simple. I hope you enjoy it!

reader:human

For: @MysticMeowzzz

________________________________________________________________________________

His metal coin fell onto the pavement and rolled for a few seconds before lodging itself between the two cobblestones. A ray of sun hit the coin and the metal glared sharply, then fell flat.

It was the middle of winter.  Connor was walking through a public square on his way to the Detroit Police Station, like he had been doing every morning for years. This time of year, the ground was blanketed in snow, only a few cobblestones poking through. The branches on trees were bare of leaves, leaving only grey bark and twigs. Children played in the snow with their siblings. They built snowmen and snow-women and threw snowballs at one another. 

One of the children, a little girl, had bumped into Connor as she played in the snow. His coin fell through his fingertips and onto the ground.

The girl leaned down and picked up the coin, holding it in her tiny hands. She looked down at the metal and looked back up at Connor, who waited, confused, for her to say something.

She didn't say anything. Instead, she held out the coin and beamed brightly up at Connor. He plucked it out of her hand, feeling like a colossal giant. Connor dwarfed the small girl in size, as he was over six foot and she was probably only four feet something. 

"Thank you," Connor said politely. The girl smiled again and took off running back into the park, quickly disappearing out of view. Connor shrugged to himself and kept walking, flipping the coin and rolling it between his knuckles. He stepped back onto the sidewalk and entered the station. The intricate glass door slid open as he arrived. As the voice of the android secretary occupied his mind, he forgot all about the incident.

At least, until the next morning.

________________________________________________________________________________

Connor was walking through the square, enjoying the quiet noise of the morning, when he stopped. Lying in the snow in front of him was the same girl he had seen yesterday. Her face was blue and her skin was cold to the touch, making it obvious that she had been lying there for hours - maybe even all night.

Connor was hit with a wave of panic. He kneeled next to her and pressed his fingers to her neck, desperately searching for a pulse. He breathed a sigh of relief when he felt her heartbeat. It was faint, but it was still there. Connor reached down and scooped up the little girl, picking her up and cradling her in his strong arms. 

He carried her inside the police station, and she was immediately taken to an infirmary where she was treated for frostbite and hypothermia. A night out alone in Detroit was not kind.

 Connor filled out a police report, and within the hour her parents had rushed to the station. They ran in through the doors, crying and asking question after question. How could this happen? Where did you find her? Is she okay?

The little girl was escorted out of the infirmary by a police officer to see her parents. Before she went out into the lobby to see them, she hugged Connor's legs and squeezed tight.

Connor kneeled on the ground and wrapped his arms around the little girl. She hugged him gratefully for a few short moments and then pulled away, running after the other police officer to see her parents in the lobby. Connor stood up and walked to the door, hovering in the entryway. The little girl's parents were fawning over her, hugging her and apologizing. They thanked each officer, ignoring Connor altogether, and turned to leave.

As they walked out of the station, the little girl turned around and waved shyly to Connor. Her other hand was secured firmly in her mother's hand. 

Connor waved back and watched her leave.