Dangerous (ft. Sam Wilson)

"SHERLOCK!" Miss Romanoff, PE teacher, shouted loudly, "Pay attention!"

Sherlock didn't react, so Loki leaned over.

"Midgard to Sherlock! Pay attention you weirdo, Miss Romanoff is not one to make angry!"

Sherlock still didn't react, and Loki sighed, jabbing Sherlock in his stomach with his elbow.

"Psychopath!" Loki hissed.

Sherlock came down to Earth, his face contorting into an expression of pain at the jab in his ribs and then one anger as he glared at Loki.

"Socio—"

"Romanoff," Loki interrupted, and Sherlock turned to Miss Romanoff.

She was standing with her arms crossed, tapping her foot impatiently. And, deducing by the speed at which she was tapping, she'd been doing so for a reasonable time.

"My sincerest apologies," Sherlock excused himself, using whatever British politeness he possessed, "I was mildly distracted for a moment."

"Mildly? You were in the deepest cellar you Mind Palace has!" Loki grumbled, ensuring that he spoke under his breath so that nobody could hear him.

Miss Romanoff raised an eyebrow at Sherlock's apology, and then continued with the lesson.

"As I was saying; when learning how to do a backflip, it is essential that you take it step by step. Always ensure you have mastered an exercise before moving on. This is certainly not the time for one of your "sometimes you need to run before you can walk" shenanigans, Anthony. Understood?"

The young man she'd addressed nodded, but the moment Miss Romanoff turned away he smirked mischievously.

"That one's trouble," Loki muttered, "I can just see his ego radiating off that dark brown hair. Do you know him, Sherlock?"

Loki turned to his partner in problems, and groaned when he realized that Sherlock had retreated to his Mind Palace once more.

"Sherlock!" he scolded softly, stabbing the young detective with his elbow once more.

"Ouch!" Sherlock complained, but Miss Romanoff silenced him with a piercing glare.

"Sorry," Sherlock muttered, before directing his attention to Loki.

"What was that for?"

"You really need to leave your Mind Palace be for a while, okay? Romanoff can kill you with looks alone and her hands tied behind her back. Trust me."

Sherlock rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. Did you want to ask something?"

"I was going to ask whether that guy over there looks familiar," Loki pointed to Anthony, "his name's Anthony..."

At that moment Anthony turned to face them, and all it took was one look into his brown eyes for Loki to recognize him.

"...Stark."

"Don't know him," Sherlock replied, not noticing Loki's surprise, "but the one standing next to him could easily be Anderson. That would explain why I can't think straight."

Sherlock shook his head at Loki's questioning gaze.

"Nevermind," the detective muttered, "inside joke. John would've understood."

The ghost of a smile darted across Loki's lips, disappearing before it was really there.

"We'll talk later," he promised, "for now we should pay attention, otherwise we'll suffer the wrath of the Romanoff. Which is not something I advise you do, if you have the choice."