Classic Rooftop Chase

"Do we have any idea where to find this Heimdall?" Sherlock enquired, "we could go past all the usual places where one would find drunks, but this'd go a lot faster if I had my Homeless Network at hand."

"No need," Clint replied cheerily, "I used to be a chimney sweep before I became a janitor, so I know this city and its habits off by heart."

He glanced at the tall church tower's clock.

"Three past one," he muttered, "Heimdall'll be somewhere by that one restaurant. Volstagg's Retreat, I believe."

"Volstagg?" Loki repeated.

"Yes, Volstagg," Clint answered, "now hurry up, we're wasting time."

-

They turned a corner, entering the alley behind the restaurant.

Sherlock wasn't entirely sure what he'd been expecting of this 'Heimdall', but certainly not what was in front of him now.

For a notorious drunk, he was in surprisingly good shape. He was sitting on the floor, swathed in a series of dark brown blankets, and leatherish brown clothing underneath. His hair was knotted into black dreadlocks, and he was eating something of spaghetti.

"Loki, what took you so long?" Heimdall enquired, without turning around.

"Well," Loki began, "I'm not..."

Heimdall held up one hand to silence him, and he slowly got up, turning around.

"Can I speak to him alone?" he asked Clint and Sherlock, who exchanged a glance and then left.

"We'll wait around the corner," Clint replied as he walked back out of the alley.

Loki nodded, turning back to Heimdall.

"Now; what took you so long?" Heimdall enquired again.

"I'm don't... I mean... I'm not the Loki you know."

"I know that," Heimdall replied, somewhat sassily, "I still have contact with the Loki from this universe, albeit vaguely. We need to get you back, before the timelines mess up completely."

"What do you mean?" Loki asked.

"I've seen some of the future," Heimdall explained, "and every moment you stay here longer, you're changing it. You need to get back to your own universe." 

"How?" Loki asked.

"How to get back or how you're messing up the timeline?" Heimdall asked with a somewhat snarky smirk.

"You're a lot more sassy than my Heimdall," Loki noted.

Heimdall shrugged.

"Not everything stays the same. Even you must've noticed how you yourself have changed during your stay. I'm pretty sure that in your universe, you wouldn't have bonded with Sherlock half as fast."

"Not that I've 'bonded' with him here at all," Loki answered.

Heimdall laughed.

"Keep telling yourself that."

Loki rolled his eyes.

"How do I get back?"

"The Casket of Ancient Winters," Heimdall answered.

"Like Moriarty said," Loki breathed.

Heimdall raised an eyebrow.

"If you knew, why are you still here?"