Deductions

The rest of Chemistry passed in relative silence, a silence only broken by Dr. Banner and his assistant, Molly Hooper, explaining things to anyone who couldn't follow.

Loki kept his eyes downcast, not daring to look at Bruce's eyes. They seemed to be burning with some sort of anger, but at the same time Bruce stayed completely in control. It was terrifying and fascinating at once.

After Chemistry they had a break, which Sherlock used to get his phone back from Mr. Rogers. Loki sat on one of the benches, his eyes studying his classmates. Some of them seemed familiar, and it confused him to see them in this younger state.

He walked to the bathrooms, standing in front of one of the mirrors.

It was strange — it seemed as though he himself had truly become younger as well. Not much, but a little, perhaps. His hair was shorter than he remembered, but still just above shoulder-length. And it was definitely his own ice-blue eyes that sparkled back at him in the mirror, not some illusion.

He shook his head as if it would banish the thoughts from his mind, walking back to the benches where Sherlock sat, having reclaimed his phone.

"What class do we have after this?" Loki enquired distantly, and Sherlock glanced up.

"Law-something," he replied, "Lestrade, I believe."

"Lestrade?"

"He's a police officer I know."

"And he teaches the class?"

"Yes."

Sherlock stared at his phone deep in thought, and Loki sank down onto the bench beside him, glancing at the screen.

Safari can't find the server.

Safari can't open the page 'Johnwatsonblog.co.uk'  because Safari can't find the server 'JohnWatsonBlog.co.uk'.

Loki studied Sherlock for a moment.

"Allow me to do a deduction. In your own world, you have someone who follows you around and compliments you, and you miss him."

Sherlock didn't answer.

"His name is John Watson," Loki went on, "and he's shorter than you."

Sherlock frowned.

"How did you know that last part?"

Loki smirked.

"Most people are shorter than you, Sherlock."

Sherlock smiled a little, switching the phone off.

Loki swept his gaze over the people around them, a bundle of shouting and running and a lot of phones. High school in a one word — chaos.

"You do actually miss him, don't you?" Loki enquired.

"He was... useful," Sherlock mumbled.

"Oh, he was much more than just that to you," Loki observed, "he kept you alive."

A second smile touched Sherlock's face.

"That's probably true. He did save my life... multiple times."

The screech of the school bell interrupted their conversation there.

"Law-stuff it is," Loki grinned in an attempt to cheer Sherlock up, and the young Holmes sighed.

"Yayyyy... I'm pretty sure Gavin hates me, by the way."

"Gavin?"

"Or was it George? I don't know, I never remember his first name. Lestrade."