World So Cold (ft. Loki Laufeyson)

^^^ I didn't make this video, but I think the song is a really good description of Loki. Thoughts?

-

Loki hummed softly to himself as he knocked on their front door.

"Where were you?!!" Mycroft demanded angrily, opening the door with so much ferocity that Loki flinched backwards.

"Ummm..."

"Don't answer that," Mycroft snapped, "get inside, now."

He dragged Loki inside, closing the door behind them and almost shoving him up the stairs. Loki was too stunned to protest — instead he took his time noting that Mycroft was wearing a suit. As if in — a suit formal enough to go to a wedding with. As the groom.

"What's wrong with you?" Loki demanded once they were in their room, jerking his arm out of Mycroft's grasp.

"You were supposed to be here," Mycroft hissed, "we have guests this evening, remember? We'll never get you cleaned up on time!"

Loki rolled his eyes, taking off his schoolbag and inspecting his clothes, which were admittedly rather mud-stained. Irene had given him a ride on the back of her motorcycle back to the mansion.

"Leave it to me," he advised, taking off the jacket and muddy trainers, and putting on black boots.

Mycroft bit his lip as Loki closed his eyes.

It took a full twenty seconds before the light green flares spread over his fingers, arms, and clothes, transforming his muddy shirt and shorts into a neat suit, debatably similar to Mycroft's.

"Good enough for you, Mycrypto?"

Mycroft took a slow breath.

"It'll have to do. Now hurry up, Sherlock and Sif are waiting!"

He shoved Loki ahead of him once more, Loki protesting slightly.

"I can walk, you mewling quim!" he snapped, "let me go!"

Mycroft glared at him, letting go of his arm and increasing the pace so they were almost running.

Loki jogged behind him.

"Weren't you at MI6?"

"I was coming back today for the guests, remember?" Mycroft replied. 

"Which guests?"

"You should know."

Loki rolled his eyes.

"Can you blame me for not knowing the schedule of an alternate universe's Loki?"

Mycroft growled.

"Laufey and his wife."

Loki stopped.

Mycroft slowed down and turned around.

"What? This isn't the first time you've seen him, don't act so shocked. I don't suppose she'll be anything to worry about."

Loki didn't move — Mycroft sounded too unconvinced by his own statement.

"Loki, we don't have time for this!" Mycroft snarled, and Loki scowled.

"Why are you so eager to be on time? Surely not out of fear for Odin?"

"No, of course not," Mycroft quipped, "out of respect for our guests and my siblings. You're embarrassing all of us Loki, so SHUT UP AND MOVE!"

Loki clenched his fists, but followed after Mycroft once more.

"Why do you really care?" Loki went on, jogging to keep up, "There's a more personal reason, I can sense it."