The (Wo)man with the Key is Queen [Part II]

"You're not going to say no," Loki answered.

"...are you?" Sherlock finished.

"Well..." Wanda's accent was as evident as ever as she spoke, "I am at least going to add some conditions."

"Such as?" Loki enquired, and Sherlock detected a worried tone in his voice.

"I'll give you the key this evening," Wanda promised, "under the condition that Loki has fulfilled his plans with Mary, and helped Bucky enter the art competition."

"What plans?" Sherlock enquired suspiciously.

"NOtHiNg," Loki answered quickly, "just... an agreement we made. How do you even know about that?" he asked Wanda.

"Mind reader," she smiled, "and additionally, you two have to apologize to Haymitch for ignoring him..."

"We were not ignoring him," Sherlock protested.

"Yes you were," Wanda answered, "don't argue with me, I'm the one setting the conditions."

"Is that all?" Loki enquired, "why do I get all the conditions?"

"Because you're Loki," Wanda smirked, "But I'll add a condition for Sherlock if you like."

Sherlock glared at Loki, who smiled sheepishly.

"Sherlock, you have to make sure I'm there to witness all of it."

"But... that's impossible!" Sherlock pointed out.

"Tsk tsk tsk Sherlock," Mary came up behind them, "you of all people should know the difference between impossible and improbable."

"I suppose we could simply arrange all of these things at the same place," Loki suggested slowly, "then Wanda can just be there and see it all at the same time."

Loki glanced to Mary.

"You heard all of it?"

Mary nodded.

"You do your part, I'll do mine. Sherlock, follow me."

"Wait —" Loki interrupted, "how are we going to get the art competition part right?"

"We could just let Bucky draw the scene," Sherlock suggested, "and then he can add secret superhero details into the background."

"Did I hear my name?" Bucky enquired.

"Ah, yes Buck, you follow me," Loki smiled, grabbing Bucky's arm, "Which leaves Haymitch..."

"Present. But what do you need me for?" Haymitch enquired, somewhat puzzled.

"We'd like to apologize," Sherlock and Loki chorused, as if planned beforehand.

"What for?"

"We sort of ignored you," Sherlock admitted.

"That's okay," Haymitch adjusted his glasses slightly, "I'm used to being overlooked anyway. And you had your hands full on the memory loss thing. By the way, if you'd like me to take a look at it — I am studying for doctor..."

"No that's fine," Sherlock reassured him, "we have a solution, but we just probably won't remember much of what happened during the time we lost our memory. It's only a few days's loss, I suppose, but it feels like so much more."

A few days. It had been a few days since he and Loki had randomly ended up in a crazy alternate universe world — a week tops. Why did it feel like so much more? Why did it feel like a bond had formed between him and his random dimension travelling companion? A bond with the so-called God of Mischief? A connection that would never be broken, that nothing — no matter how threatening — would be able to tear apart? Had Sherlock, the solo detective, fallen into yet another unexpected friendship with some roommate?