Avengers Assembled

"Clint would make a pretty good Hawkeye," Bucky agreed as he and Loki spied on the janitor, who was balancing on a stair railing to scrub off some graffiti. It was second break.

"He's certainly agile enough," Loki noted dryly as Clint hopped off the railing effortlessly, tossing the filthy sponge into the bucket of soapy water with a splash.

"Hey Bucky," Clint smiled when he saw the two boys.

"Hey Loki," he added with a frown.

Loki rolled his eyes.

"Did you get a good enough look at him?" he asked Bucky.

"What for?" Clint interrupted, "is this another of your pranks?"

"No," Loki groaned, "stop assuming the worst, Barton."

"I'll keep an eye on him," Bucky promised Clint, "but I can't tell you what this is for, it's a secret."

"Are you entering the art competition?" Clint guessed.

"There goes the secret," Loki commented.

"Umm, yeah," Bucky blushed.

Clint grinned.

"And you need a model? Sure, I'm in. Maybe I'll finally get some recognition — my job as janitor is seriously under-appreciated."

Not that Hawkeye isn't under-appreciated, Loki thought to himself.

"I'll write it down, we have a few more people to visit before second break is over," Bucky smiled.

Clint did a thumbs up, picking up the bucket of water and vaulting over the railing of the stairs.

"He's going to break his arms like that one of these days," Loki muttered, "who is next on the list?"

"Ummm... Black Widow."

"Miss Romanoff," Loki answered without hesitation.

"That's perfect," Bucky whispered, "she's got the agility, the red hair — it's like she was born to the role!"

Loki hid a smirk and nodded.

"Who else?"

"Iron Man."

"That's a tricky one..." Loki muttered to himself, "I'd almost suggest Tony, if you think you could try to draw what he'd look like slightly older. It'll inflate his ego like crazy, though."

"I'll give it a shot," Bucky agreed, scribbling notes into his sketchbook.

"Captain America you have," Loki went on, "what about Bruce Banner as the Hulk? It's already rumoured that he is the Hulk, so people are likely to accept it!"

Suddenly a sharp headache attacked him, and he put his hands over his ears in reflex.

"Are you okay Loki?" Bucky asked.

"I'm... fine..." Loki muttered, before collapsing onto the floor and blacking out.

-

Loki opened his eyes slowly, to see a young lady of about eighteen years old bent over him.

"Get up," she ordered with a strange accent, holding out her hand.

"What?" he muttered groggily, taking her hand and getting to his feet. He swayed slightly, and he  realized that he'd probably been drugged. His brain wasn't working properly, and he was struggling to stand upright.

"Thomas Loki Laufeyson Cumberston."

Loki squeezed his eyes shut and then opened them again, which cleared his vision slightly. Standing in front of him was a black man in black.