Prologue

DISCLAIMER: This story is based on characters and situations created and owned by JK Rowling, various publishers including but not limited to Bloomsbury Books, Scholastic Books and Raincoast Books, and Warner Bros., Inc. No money is being made and no copyright or trademark infringement is intended.This story is strictly from my mind and was written down for my own sanity (to get the story out of my head) and the reading pleasure of selected friends, who are also Harry Potter fans; with all due respect to JKR for all her hard work and preliminarily research and imagination; God bless her.

                                                                Prologue

Dan Radcliffe came downstairs and headed for the kitchen.  His friends would be arriving shortly and he wanted to be sure everything was ready.  It wasn't often that the four of them were in town at the same time, but when they did manage to co-ordinate schedules, they would get together and catch up on each other's lives. Even though he knew they always made themselves right at home, it wouldn't do to be missing Rupert or Tom's favorite beer or the particular brand of cookie Emma preferred.  A quick check proved his fears to be groundless; his housekeeper had gotten all the things on the shopping list yesterday and left him a note, detailing where all of the items had been stored.  Perfect!  He glanced up at the clock on the wall . . .10 AM.

DING-DONG!

"Right on time!"  Dan smiled, as he walked to the front door and opened it wide. "Hey guys! Come on . . . in?"  He stood there looking at the people on his front steps with his mouth open. "Who . . . excuse me . .  ah . . ? he stammered.

"Knew he'd take it well."  The young woman with the curly brown hair said, poking the ginger-haired man standing next to her with her elbow.  He rolled his eyes.

"Dan Radcliffe?"   The other man on his front steps, the one with the wire-rimmed glasses, held out his hand. "Harry Potter.  Could we have a word with you, please?"