*.·°{Chapter 3}°·.*

Cuphead's P.O.V.

I sighed as I saw the little demon quickly walk off. I stood up to get the book I left open on the ground and put back in its place.

I walked to my locker and I got my lunch and headed outside. I sat near a huge tree. Not larger than the largest tree in the middle of the school. It's really popular, many go see it all day. There are so many people that I don't get a chance to see it all alone.

I saw acquaintances play roughly with each other. I don't enjoy hanging out with them. They hang out with me. And it's getting pretty annoying with their irritating jokes and exasperating laughter. They follow me anywhere I go. Except classrooms. Teachers are there. That's why I go to the library when we have free time. They never check there. I saw them run up to me. I swear I could smell their sweat from a mile. No wonder I didn't even get to eat my lunch...

"Hey, Cuphead!" said one of them. I just sighed in reply. I heard them tell a joke as the other laughed like crazy. I, on the other hand, held a cold stone face.

"Cuphead, why don't you ever smile." asked the other one.

×××××××××××××××
I was in second grade. It was on a very rainy day. The news said it will the flood streets. But still I had that one smile I would bring up everyday. My jaw would usually hurt for smiling so much.

When I got to school, I went to my friends to greet them. They all glared at me. I was confused.

"Um, what's with the look?" I asked, nervously, but still smiling a bit. "Brute told us that you're the one who got all of us, except you, in trouble for no reason at all!" one of them said.

I was confused

I was confused. "What are you talking about? I never got you guys in trouble! Nor did I knew you guys were." I said. "Liar!" yelled one of them.

"But I've been so nice to you all, how can I possibly get you all in trouble?" I said back. "How can we know if you're acting or not?" said one of them.

"We've been friends for 3 years and a half!" I said, almost yelling. "And?" one of them said back.

I paused. "Just what we thought. Everytime you smile, something bad will happen." They said. I was still smiling, and I wasn't aware of it. "Bad things? Like what?" I asked. Before I knew it, I was pushed onto the ground. My head got hurt. "Bad things like these." said one of them, trying to sound scary. I was scared. I got up started running out the classroom. I ran towards the doors, which was right around the corner, that led to the outdoors. It was raining. The grass was wet and slippery, but it didn't stopped me from running to hide behind a tree. I knew they were chasing me. I was crying...I tried to wipe my tears away. Then, I heard one of them yell, "Where are you?!". I froze. I was heavily breathing. I could hear them walking towards the tree I was hiding behind.

Until, one of them found me. I gasped. They were about to kick me, but then the teacher called.

"Hey! Everybody inside!" She said. "But-" started the one who found me, but was cut off by the teacher. "No buts! Come inside!"

I was relieved. I stayed under the tree for a few minutes before smiling the very last time and heading back home.

×××××××××××××××

I snapped out of my flashback into reality by one of them waving a hand at my face.

"I'm just tired, ok?" I replied. They just shrugged and walked away telling their stupid jokes to each other again. I sighed and started to eat my lunch.

When free time was over, I got up and started walking towards the school. I threw my lunch away in one of the bins in the hallway and went back to homeroom.

°·.Timeskip to end of school.·°

It was finally the end of the first day. When the bell rang, I stayed a few minutes before going to my locker to get my things and going to the library. I wanted to continue reading that one interesting book. It was about this family that get cursed and go through the hardest times, if any of the family survive the remaining will break the curse, if they don't survive, they curse will be passed on to another family. And what I mean by survive, I mean not committing suicide or get murdered. The curse lasts 30 years for each family.

When I entered the library, I heard a bang outside at hallways. It was like if someone or something was slammed into the lockers.

I went out of the library to check it out. My eyes widen and I was full of anger. In the empty hallway, the guys, who were talking with me at free time, were abusing Bendy. They picked him up again and yelled at him. He was crying.

"HEY!" I yelled at them. "Cuphead, my man, come here and help me beat the crap out of this midget!" said one of them.

"Leave him alone, will you?!" I said out loud. They ignored me and threw him against the lockers again. I ran up to them and pushed them onto the floor. "I said LEAVE HIM ALONE!!" I shouted once again. This time they listened. "Fine!" grunted the one I pushed. He got up and walked out of the school. I faced Bendy, who's lip was bleeding and bleeding from another cut on his cheek. I picked him up, carrying him bridal style.

I took him to the tree in the middle of the school. It was near. No one was there. I set him down on one the benches. He looked at me. I took a napkin I had and wiped his blood off his lips and cheek. My backpack had a box of bandages, so I took them out and started putting one on his cheek.

When I was done, Bendy looked at me and smiled. I didn't smile back. His smile turned into a concerned face.

"Are you okay, Cuphead?" he asked. I stayed silent. "Oh, I get it. You don't have to tell me-" I interrupted him. "I can't smile." I started. "Why?" he asked. I said nothing. "You know what? I have an idea. Do you have a brother?" he asked. I nodded in reply. "Text him to meet him at the bus stop near the woods.". I did what he told me.

My brother, Mugman, replied seconds later.

{Mugs}: k, cya there

Bendy got up to get things. I stood up and looked at the tree. When Bendy returned, he said, "C'mon, Cuphead.".

"Just a little longer..." I replied still looking at one of most beautiful things I've ever seen.

"Whoaaa." said Bendy in amazement.

In front of us was a glowing tree. Butterflies flew around and one flew over around us and landed on one of Bendy's horns.

After a few seconds, it flew off towards the tree and it disappeared. The tree stopped glowing and everything was silent.

I was amazed but I still didn't smile.

"Oh right, we gotta go! C'mon Bendy." I said before we started walking side to side towards the doors that led to the outside.