The Puppeteer

Reader's Point of View:

  I woke up this morning and was feeling horrible. I was nauseous, and my head hurt. Normal people would relax for a minute before taking medicine, however I was type 1 diabetic, so I likely had high blood sugar. I grabbed my kit, and walked to the living room where my big brother,Puppeteer was. I checked my blood sugar and it was over 500. It was bad. Puppeteer gave me a conserned look after looking at my blood sugar levels. We had no idea what caused this, so I grabbed the stuff to change my wireless pod. I grabbed my pod, insulin, skin tac, and my device....which I also called my pod. I deactivate my pod, and rip it off. After that I filled my new pod with insulin and primed it. The pod needed to go on my arm, so my brother helped with the skin tac, and he put on the pod after we took off the needle cap and sticker that was covering the adhesive. Thankfully Puppeteer didn't hit mussle. Once the pod was changed, I shoved in 10 units of insulin. Puppeteer sat on the couch, and turned on the TV and set the channel to (your favorite show). I rested my head on his shoulder and relaxed while trying not to puke...it's harder than you think.

Puppeteer's Point of View:

(Your name) fell asleep on my shoulder. I texted Eyeless Jack and told him what was going on. If (Your name)'s blood sugar didn't improve that's when things really go wrong. After an hour of waiting, I checked my sister's blood sugar and it was still over 500. I refused to take chances, so I called Eyeless Jack and he came over to insert an IV into (Your name)'s arm. After waiting another hour, my sister's blood sugar finally dropped to the mid 400s. I took a breath of relief.

Reader's Point of View:

   I woke up feeling a lot better. Puppeteer must have took care of me while I slept. I hugged him to let him know I was awake and feeling much better. He hugged back in a protective manner. "Is everything alright?" I asked. "Your blood sugar is in the mid 200s now. You know how much I hate seeing you sick like this." He said. We spent the day watching our favorite shows. I love my brother.