Chapter 14

Sidenote: Highly sexual chapter.

Chapter 14

Layla

"What do you mean you lost him twice," Layla yelled

"What do you mean you lost him twice," Layla yelled. She was trying to look into the ambulance but the EMT was standing in her way. "Move."

The EMT looked scared. "He coded twice. However we were able to revive him. Right now he needs to be sent into to surgery."

Layla held Maddison in her arms as she speed walked following Rell's stretcher. He was covered in so much blood that it was hard to look at him. She grabbed his hand reciting a quick prayer.

Once it was confirmed that he was in surgery, Layla took Maddison to the hospital's gift shop and purchased pull ups and clean clothes for her. She took her to the break room where she cleaned her up and put her in the brand new clothes.

"Let's go see your mama," Layla told her. Maddison nodded slowly. Layla could tell that she was really tired from the turmoil and crying. She made sure that as she walked to Chanel's room, Maddison was laying comfortable against her chest.

Layla entered and Chanel was sitting up in bed alert. "How are they," she asked immediately.

"Well Maddi here had some cuts and bruises but her wounds were cleaned. I just freshened her up and changed her clothes. Rell is in surgery that's all I know."

"Thank you so much," Chanel told her.

Layla smiled and laid Maddi ,who had fallen asleep, down next to Chanel. "Do you need anything? Where is Romeo?"

"He went to the bathroom then he's going to the cafe for some food. I don't need anything I'm okay."

Layla nodded. "Okay I'll be back I need to check on Rell. Honestly I'm scared. I really like him Chanel. Like a lot and it's scares me but I'm willing to take the chance and actually be in a relationship with him. I hope it's not to late."

Layla was in such a confused state. She made a promise to herself after Josiah. But here came Rell. It was crazy how things changed so fast.

Chanel held Layla as she began to cry. Tears came to Chanel's eyes as well. "Look he is strong. He's gonna pull through okay. Then you will have the chance to be upfront with him."

Layla couldn't stop crying. "I'm so sorry," she hiccuped.

"It's okay. Shhh it's okay."

Layla couldn't stop thinking the worst. She had experience so much disappointment in life. First her mother, then having to leave St. Thomas, then Josiah. Whenever stuff seem to be going fine, there would be a sudden shift and then all hell would break loose.

"He needs to make it Chanel."

(Flashback)

Layla had just reach home from a long shift. Exhausted as she walked through the front door she noticed the apartment was quiet meaning Nadirah wasn't home.