Chapter 22

Hold on to y'all edges. This was suppose to be a filler but I got kind of got carried away.  It's been a while since I updated. I believe a whole week. But enjoy love. Excuse any mistakes.

Don't forget to vote comment share and follow.

Chapter 22

Layla

Layla walked into the hospice facility that Chanel was residing in

Layla walked into the hospice facility that Chanel was residing in. She approached the front desk, "hi, can you tell me what room Chanel is in?"

"Umm who are you," the girl at the front desk snarked.

"A friend," Layla replied nonchalantly. "Are you gonna tell me or not?"

"Well things are done a little different here. I need to see two IDs and call upstairs."

Layla scrowled. "What the fuck is this? Jail?"

The girl continued to stare at Layla blankly.

Layla rolled her eyes and reached into her bag. The door opened behind her and she saw the front desk girl stand up immediately.

"Hi you're back Rell," the girl smiled brightly. "How are you today? Can I get you anything?"

Layla looked between the two and laughed lightly. She placed her driver's license and passport card on the counter —however the girl continued to smile in a Rell face.

"I'm okay Shanice," Rell spoke. "Hey babe," he said as he kissed Layla on the cheek.

She was busy drooling over Rell, "its Shaunte," she corrected. She then shot a disgusted look at Layla. "Oh this is your girlfriend? You never mentioned her."

Layla pinched herself to keep her composure.

"Don't do that," Rell shook his head. "Because I will hurt your feelings."

"Why is it taking you so long to show me where the room is," Layla asked.

Shante rolled her eyes. "I need to put you down in the visitors' system." She quickly typed something into the computer and then handed Layla her IDs back with a visitors pass.

Layla snatched them out of her hands.

"She's in room—"

Rell interrupted Shante. "I'll take her."

Rell took a hold of Layla's hand and gave it a quick kiss. "Cmon."

Layla allowed him to pull her away. They approached an elevator and Rell quickly pressed the button and the doors opened. They both walked on in silence.

"She's on the third floor. Room 315," Rell said.

Layla nodded but remained quiet.

"I know what you're thinking," Rell continued. "Ain't nothing going on with that girl."