Chapter 51

I'm always falling asleep once I start to update. I started back school on Monday and will continue to update as much as possible. I had fun writing this chapter and I hope y'all enjoy it.

Please excuse any errors and vote comment share and follow. My goal is to hit half a million reads by the end of January.

I hope all is well with everyone as they are enjoying the new year.
———————————-
Chapter 51

New Years Eve

"Is everything ready for tonight," Nadirah asked Layla

"Yup," she nodded. "This is gonna be amazing. He has no idea."

"I'm so happy for you," Nadirah smiled hugging her. "You deserve this you really do. Gosh look at both of us, with families being happy and shit."

"I say the same thing everyday," Layla responded. "I never thought I would be this happy. Growing up without a mother wasn't hard. The fact that nobody wanted to tell me anything is what hurt me the most. Then she never even reached out. Sometimes I used to wish when I was younger that she was dead instead so at least I knew she didn't have a choice to be a parent."

"Oh babe," Nadirah said squeezing her into a hug. "When the time is right, that situation will be settled."

"I know," she nodded. "I'm gonna talk to her someday. Eventually just not right now. Everything is going good."

"Tonight will make everything better."

"I can't wait."
——————————————-

Rell walked into the bedroom and Layla was laying down watching Shameless.

"You still watching this crap," he asked kicking off his shoes.

"I know it's so good," she whined. "I'm going on season three soon and Frank still isn't shit."

"How are you," he asked leaning down to kiss her forehead. "You eat?"

Layla nodded. "I made some Callaloo. One with pigtail and the other with seafood."

"What's that again?"