Chapter 35

Quick chapter. Please excuse any mistakes. I rushed this. Hope y'all enjoy.

"So you're in St

"So you're in St. Thomas now," Summer asked Layla over FaceTime.

Layla nodded. "Yea, we were in St. John for the entire week of carnival and Sunday we came over to St. Thomas. However it's just me Rell and Maddison. The others went back home."

"Damn well look at you living your best life. You just vacationing all summer long. First New York, then St. John now St. Thomas," Summer laughed. "When yall going back to LA?"

"Within a week more than likely. Are you finally coming LA?"

"Yes yes, finally."

"Good," Layla cheered. "You can stay with me."

"That would be cool, if I was traveling for work, I would've had to stay in a hotel with my team but this is a personal trip so I'm flying solo."

The two continued talking until Layla heard a crash in the kitchen. "Girl lemme see what these two out here doing and I'll call you back."

Summer laughed. "Oh gosh here you go being loud again."

"Between Maddison and Rell I don't know who stresses me out more."

Layla got up and went out into the kitchen. "What is going on?"

Maddison sat on top island covered in chocolate with an open blender next to her

Maddison sat on top island covered in chocolate with an open blender next to her. "Where is daddy?"

Maddison looked around. "I don't know."

Layla knew she was lying. "So how did you get on the counter?"

"I don't know."

Layla nodded. "Okay. Well I guess you don't mind going in time out."

Maddison quickly pointed downwards where Rell was trying to crawl outside to the deck. "Daddy there."

"Good girl," Layla laughed. She helped her off the counter and pulled her shirt off. "Let's get you cleaned up. Daddy will clean the kitchen."