Chapter 56

Sorry for the delay. I've been adjusting to my new schedule and I've finally got some inspiration to finished the chapter.
I hope y'all enjoy. Excuse any errors or typos 💖💖.

Chapter 56

Rell reclined back in the leather chair in his office. He picked up his phone to call up Drew once he had notice another empty box showing up to the office. It had been more than a week since his birthday celebration and things were already back on track.

His relationship with Layla was an ultimate skyhigh however he had been noticing some weird shit lately.

"Yea, I got another one," he spoke into the phone. "I'll be here for at least two more hours then I'm heading back home. The twins have a doctors appointment for some shots and you know how Layla is."

"Aight," he said hanging up.

For the last week, everyday an empty box would show up at the office. The first time it came, he had Dembe from IT do a full sweep of the office. There were no bugs or suspicious wiring detected. He even did a full sweep of the house, INSOMNIA and all the cars— still nothing.

The box would always come empty with no return address or even a finger print.

Rell bulked up on security around the house and office without telling Layla. He wanted to at least know what was going on before scaring her.

Since the twins were born they never left the house because Layla wanted to wait and he had agreed. All their doctor appointments were in-house which was secured.

Rell phone rang and he looked and saw an incoming FaceTime call from his baby.

He answered with a smile. "Hey baby."

"Hey daddy," she said smiling back

"Hey daddy," she said smiling back. "I miss you."

"I miss you too. What you doing?"

"Just laying down. The twins are sleeping."

He nodded. "You eat yet?"

"Yea," she said laying back in bed. She stayed silent for a minute while looking at him closely. "What's wrong?"

"Huh? Nothing."

"You're forcing a smile, somethings wrong. What is it?"

"I don't know yet," he sighed.

"Should I be worried?"

"I don't know yet," he said truthfully. "I'm here waiting on Drew, Adonis and Jace."

"Okay," she nodded. "I love you."

"I love you too baby. Keep it wet for me," he joked.

"We can never have a serious moment," she smiled. "We'll be waiting for you." She blew him a kiss before hanging up.