Chapter 59

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years Y'all 🥰

Chapter 59

The tears streamed down Layla's face as she laid the letter down on the vanity. Her emotions once again was on an all time high. There was a low knocking at the door and Kam peeked her head in.

"Hey baby girl, you okay," she asked slowly coming inside. Nadirah was right behind her. "Oh no baby no more crying."

Layla quickly wiped her face but the tears continued to stream down her face. "Where is Rell? I need to see him," she choked.

"You can't," Nadirah said stopping her from getting up. "It's bad luck love."

Kam nodded. "The time is here —your wedding."

"I need to hear his voice at least," she begged. "Please."

Nadirah nodded. "I'll call him for you."

After a few rings, Rell answered. "What's up Nadirah? Is she okay?"

She nodded as though he could see her over speaker phone. "She's alright. Just being a cry baby and wants to talk to you."

Rell chuckles could be heard through the phone. "Where she at now? Put her on."

Nadirah took the phone off of speaker and handed it to Layla who took the phone to the bathroom. "Baby," she cried, then continued to garble on incomprehensibly.

"You gotta stop crying baby, I can't understand you," his deep voice echoed.

"I'm sorry," she said crying more. "I read the letter. I need to see you please."

"You will see me as soon as you get ready and walk down that aisle, I'll be right there waiting for you. Always."

Layla wiped her tears as she nodded as though Rell could see her. "Can you do that for me baby," he asked.

"Yes," she whispered.

"You love me right?"

"Yes."

"You know I love you too," he stated matter of factly.

"Yes," she laughed.

"Well let's do this baby, the final step, what I've been wanting to do since the first time we went St. Thomas. I fucking love you girl. You and my babies are my life. Without y'all nothing is worth living for. Y'all make me whole."

Once again Layla started to cry.

"Awww god, Layla baby you gotta stop crying," he laughed.

"Well stop being so sweet," she hiccuped. "You just know all the right things to say I hate you."

"You got one hour to meet me at the altar," he told her. "Am I going to see you in an hour?"

"Yes," she nodded furiously.

"Alright baby. Keep it tight for me," he laughed before hanging up.

Layla smiled down at the phone wiping the remainder of her tears.  She washed her face thoroughly before leaving the bathroom and going back to Nadirah and Kam who sat with a beauty team.

"Let's do this," she smiled at them.

———————————————————-

Despite Rell setting a time limit for her, Layla was pampered and ready to go within an hour and a half.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm really getting married," Layla spoke aloud while standing in front of the large mirror.