Chapter 28

Can't self enjoy Instagram right now with the whole Cardi vs Nicki. So I ended up finishing up this chapter early and posting it.
(PS: I go hard for cardi so don't argue with me.)

Chapter 28

Layla, Rell and Maddison had been in New York for a few days. They were currently visiting The Gabriel Marie Homes, the apartment complex that Rell built. He had named it after his parents in their remembrance.

The apartments were beautiful and well maintained. Rell had hired a permanent maintenance and custodial team to keep the community up to par.

As a requirement he let all of the tenants know the rules before signing the lease. His community would not be like the others with dirty ass buildings and graffiti everywhere. It was gated with 24 hour security.

The community center and pool was accessible to everyone and large enough to hold events.

"Baby I'm so proud of you," Layla squealed as Rell took her and Maddison on a tour of the community. "All you're missing is a garden. You have to have a garden."

"For what," he asked her.

"What do you mean? I see you have flowers here and there but a garden in one area could be like a community project. Or even give each building gardening space so they could plant shit like vegetables."

"Vegetables?"

Layla watched him and laughed. "Wait till we reach St. Thomas. You'll see what I'm talking about. I have a mango, passion fruit and genip tree. My father used to grow peppers, tomatoes and aloe."

"I see what you talking about," he said nodding.

"Playground, I go play," Maddison asked.

Rell nodded seeing other kids running up and down

Rell nodded seeing other kids running up and down. He and Layla sat on the bench watching her from afar.

"So when are you gonna take a test," Rell asked in her after a few moments of silence.

"A test for what?"

"You're pregnant Layla."

"No I'm not Rell."

"So why aren't you on your period then."

Rell opened up his phone launching the period app. "You're already four days late."

Layla watched Rell in shock. She checked her period app and saw that she was four days late. "You do know that your period can change right."

Rell scoffed. "Face the fact that you're pregnant and you need to take a test. You not about to be ignorant while carrying my seed."

"I'll take a test but don't get your hopes up. I know I'm not pregnant."

"We will stop for a test on the way back to the hotel."