Chapter 5: anchor

Jason's Pov:

Before chase can realize what I said I walk to the couch and sit next to Justin. He looks down to his lap where he's playing with his fingers. He looks so adorable! I look back at chase to see he's glaring at me while mouthing "bring it on" I smirk and grab one off Justin's hands while he looks up quick but when he realizes it's me he smiles small so I smile back.

"Okay......." za begins to speak uncomfortable while looking at chase and me. "What movie?" Jack changes to subject quickly while sitting next to chase. 

"What do you guys think of the film 'when we first met' I like that one really much" chase speaks while looking at Justin and Justin looks back at chase in return. My blood begins to boil and next thing I know chase is smirking at me. 

"No to cliché, what about 'baby boy'? Justin do you like that?" I replied smiling at my brilliant idea. I see chase glaring at me in the corner of my eye.

Justin looks at me and he looks so innocent, I can't understand he can be this shy but also can be so violent. "I never saw that movie before" Justin replies which make me chuckle at his innocent face. I don't think that he understands that I said it to mess with chase.

"well sometimes you need to try something new" I reply back and I hear chase scoff.

"sometimes new is not good and you can better stay with what you know," he says and we glare at each other. 

"If you don't try something new life would be boring" I reply harshly. chase narrows his eyes at me "better boring than when you try something new and get hurt" he hisses and we keep on going with our glaring contest.

"Justin what do you think" chase speaks up harsh and I feel Justin flinch beside me "hmmm, I-I......" he begins but shuffles uncomfortably. now guilt builds his way inside of me.

"We do 13 reasons why it's a series so we don't need to discuss what we want to see all the time," Caroline says and glares at chase and me. "Justin do you want to help me to get the other snacks?" Caroline adds while Justin nods and let's go of my hand and disappears with Caroline in the kitchen. 

"What the fuck is wrong with you guys!" Ian begins to scream softly. "I don't know what you mean Ian" I reply but hold my gaze on the douchbag. chase began with the shit so it's not my fault.

"Yeah, we were just discussing what movie" chase agrees with me but also holds his gaze. 

"You two fucking immature children!" Mia scoffs "stop this right now" she adds which makes chase scoff. I just don't show any emotion. 

"he wants to steal my boyfriend" I chuckle "EX-boyfriend" I correct which makes him glare at me again while I smirk, too easy. 

"Stop this right now! Don't play games and just let Justin decide" Alex mutters. I smirk at the idea. 

"that's a brilliant idea," I say making Alex look up quick "no! I was joking, don't do that" he replies fast but I keep looking at chase in a questioning look. who can better decide what Justin want then Justin himself, right?

"I agree with you McCann" chase answers my unspoken question. I grin, this is the best way to know who's better. 

"May the best win," I say cause people always say that in situations like this. he chuckles like he can't believe I'm that cliche, not.my.problem. 

"well then it's easy for me" he smirks making me laugh "indeed chase, you can better stop right away" I reply while he narrows his eyes not impressed by what I said. well, it wasn't my attention to impress him anyways. I'm the leader he's just my little bitch who needs to do whatever I tell him to.