chapter 21: searching for information

after I brought Justin upstairs we are all downstairs sitting in the living room. I keep getting glances and I'm pretty sure they know who I am. but if they knew they should've already called the cops...

it's awkwardly silent. until Nina comes in luckily.

"well here are some snacks," she says and places a tray with coffee, thee and biscuits on the table "Chris get that glare off your face before I smash it from your face okay? it's rude to glare at our visitor" she sweetly says but the threat is clearly hearable. I don't doubt she would punch him.

"of course where are my manners. I'm Chris Wesley, Nina's husband" the guy in the thirty's tells me. apparently, his name is Chris. he puts on a smile but I see through it. he hates me, and for what? breathing?

"I'm Jenna Mallette, Nina and pattie's sister" she introduces with a small smile. immediately all eyes turn to her. Chris is scoffing in disapproval while Nina her eyes widen a little in surprise and the boy and girl look uncomfortable like she said something wrong.

just when I wanted to ask what's wrong the girl is earlier and begins speaking.

"I'm sexy and this is Logan. we are Justin his friends. it's nice to meet you Jason are you also a friend of Justin?" she asks and I see Chris leaning forward with his eyebrows high waiting for my answer.

"yes, we are friends" I answer keeping my glance on Chris to see him with a relieved face. gosh, he really hates me already. this week will be fun! note the sarcasm.

"well, that's nice. so josh what brings you here I thought Jay and you weren't speaking anymore since...." but Lexy got cut off quick by Josh. 

"we talked. everything is fine. Chris can we talk for a sec" Josh answers quickly while Chris nods his head and they leave the room. what a sketchy thing to do. Lexy looks annoyed that she got interrupted.

"so were is chase?" Nina asks looking at me. they know chase? ooh yeah, he WAS Justin's boyfriend. 

"he is home. Justin and chase broke up" I answer making Nina sign relieved very loud may I add. 

"thank god! there was something wrong with that boy if you ask me" Jenna answers smiling. "I had a feeling he was in a gang just like Jeremy and we all know how that ended" she finishes smiling but gets a slap in return from Nina.

my eyes widened looking at the scene in front of me. "you will not talk about that situation like that in my house understood jean! Jason do you want a cookie?" she asks bringing the cookies in front off my nose just like grandma's do so you need to eat it.

"no thanks" I answer confidently. I'm Jason McCann I need to keep my name and ego intact. 

Pattie? who is Pattie? and Jeremy? is Pattie Justin's mom? 

"who is Pattie," I say out loud catching attention. Logan and Lexy look hesitant just like Nina.

"she's Justin's mom. Has Justin told you what happened to her?" Jenna asked my curious getting a scowl from Nina but she doesn't butch.

"he told me Jeremy killed her" I answer making her nod surprised. Nina looks at my eyes widening. 

"he told you that?" she asks coming closer to me while holding my hands like I am some kind of god. I only nod my head kinda lost with the gesture I'm receiving. suddenly she pulls me in a hug.

"he hasn't spoken to anyone what happened to her" she whispers in my ear so soft the others won't hear her. "thank you for opening him up Jason" she also whispers before pulling away.

she stands up wiping a few tears away. "I'm sorry, Jason can you help me in the kitchen" she states already walking away so I follow her leaving the others to sit.