T w e l v e

Skye's POV

After spending what felt like centuries shopping for clothes, I finally managed to convince Dante to go with me to get lunch.

He called his chauffer to take all twelve the bags to the car. I didn't really want Dante to buy all this stuff for me — I expected only one bag maybe — but he threw all these different clothes at me and told me to take them. I think he even bought me a Gucci bag. He's insane, and he would have kept going if I didn't tell him we should get food.

He bought me this gorgeous red lipstick. I think I'm already obsessed with it.

"Why don't we go to the food court?"

"The what? I thought we would go to Les Climats or something."

"You mean the restaurant with the Michelin star? Don't be crazy. We're at the mall let's just eat here," I say.

"No. No. I don't eat that gross mall food."

"Have you ever tried it? McDonald's or something?" I ask. What am I saying? Of course he has tried it. Even hot rich guys eat McDonalds, right?

"Uh... Yes?" he says slowly.

I fake gasp. "We're going to the food court. You're going to sit at one of those dirty tables and you are going to eat the food that comes in a bag instead of on a plate."

"That sounds terrible. You can go do that and I'll go somewhere else and fetch you later."

I take his hand and intertwine it with mine. "You're going to eat a greasy burger and fries and there is nothing you can do about it."

"As long as you keep holding my hand, I'm fine with that."

I let go of his hand quickly. I'm confused about how he feels now and I'm not sure what to think anymore. I know I'm probably not as pretty as most of the girls he gets. He's not flirting, he's just messing with me again.

"Let's go," I mumble.

He follows me to the McDonalds and we both order a Big Mac and fries, then find a table and sit down.

"I'm going to the bathroom," I tell him and stand up.

He nods and starts eating the fries. "Damn, these are good," he whispers under his breath. I smile and walk away.

I walk into the bathroom, glance in the mirror and cringe at myself. My hair is a frizzy mess and I look like a homeless person.

Oh, right... I am a homeless person.

I sigh. At least I changed into one of my new outfits instead of keeping Dante's clothes on. I wet my hands and wipe my hair down to tame it slightly. Then I pull out a lipstick Dante bought me and apply it.

Why do I care what I look like? It's just Dante. I shouldn't care what I look like in front of him. He is just an extremely attractive and successful guy. Psht, who cares?

I sigh. It's not like he cares about me in any way, other than as a stripper. He probably just wants to mess around and have fun. I just wish I knew what he was thinking.

I walk out the bathroom and make my way back to the table. Dante has finished his fries and has taken a bite out out of the burger. "The burger is trash but the fries are awesome," he tells me.

I smile and sit down. "Well, I agree about the fries part."

He glances down at my lips. "I like the colour."

"What?" I ask, confused for a moment. "Oh! The lipstick. Thanks. It's kind of a red wine colour." Why does that matter? Ugh, just shut up, Skye.

"Yeah," he whispers , still staring at my lips. "And I want to get drunk off of it."

I smile, but then the smile falls. He's doing it again.

"You're messing with me again, aren't you?" I ask. He nods and smirks. I stay silent for a while. "I think I finally understand you."

"Oh, really. Why don't you tell me what you understand about me?" he says and leans forward on the table.

"You're some rich guy who thinks he is a big deal. You try to get girls to like you just for fun and when you realise they like you, you back out of it, because you're scared. You like to pretend that you're a good person, but in reality the only reason you would help someone who needs it is because you need a stripper for some party you're going to in France. Stop playing around with girls. You may find it fun but not everyone does."

He stays silent and stares at his drink. "I just liked the colour. I... What do you want me to do?"

I shake my head. "Just forget it."

"I think I finally understand you, too."

"How?"

"You think you've lost everything because your horrible mother left you, but you don't realise that you are just a twenty-year-old who doesn't know what independence is. I'm one year older than you and I've done a lot more with my life than you have. You need to get over yourself and stop being so rude because if I wasn't nice, I wouldn't have offered you a entire fucking house.

"You don't know me at all and I don't play around with girls, I'm just playing around with you. At least I'm not kissing you as a way to apologise, like you did to me. I forgave you the first time you were being rude, but seriously, Skye... I brought you to Paris. I invited you into my house, which wasn't part of the deal at all. Maybe you should get over yourself, because you're not all that either. You've known me for, what? Three days and you think you have me all figured out. That's not how it works. Go f*ck yourself."

He slams his hands against the table and stands up, then walks away. I sigh and glance down at my untouched burger.

I groan and put my face in my hands. I need to just learn to keep my mouth shut. I just wanted him to stop messing with me but somehow I turned into the bad guy again.

•=•=•

Awww my lovies. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on the last post when I said I didn't have the motivation to work.

I didn't mean on Wattpad though, I meant university work. I don't consider writing work. I love it so much. You guys are so amazing maaaan I'm gonna cry. Love you guys.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx