T h i r t y

Skye's POV

What's his problem?

I finish eating and pick up my dish, then walk around, looking for the kitchen. This place is so big.

I walk into countless rooms, most just being bedrooms or lounges with televisions and different kind of games, ranging from pool to pac man. I finally hear the clinking of dishes and running water and walk through the door, finding almost dozens of people working in the kitchen.

Am I at a restaurant? Did I go the wrong way? I am so confused right now. People turn to look at me and some of them smile and some frown in confusion.

"¿Hola, te puedo ayudar?" the lady who served us our food asks.

"Uh... No hablo Español," I say.

"Ah, sorry. Can I help you?" she says.

"I'm just here to wash my plate. This place was really hard to find," I explain. She smiles at me like what I said was something special, making me frown.

"Don't worry about that." She takes the plate from me and walks away, leaving me confused.

"Okay..." I say slowly, not knowing what to do or say. "Thank you!" I shout to her.

She turns and smiles back at me. "De nada."

I walk out the kitchen and try to find my way back, by following the route that I came from. I end up walking for about thirty minutes before realising I am definitely lost.

This house needs a freaking map.

I pull out my phone and dial Dante's number, and he answers on the fifth ring. "Hello?"

"Dante, I'm lost," I whine.

There's a long silence before he chuckles. "Describe what you see. I'll come find you."

I look around. "Uh, lots of walls and staircases and bedrooms. How the heck do you keep this place clean? It's gigantic."

"Keep walking until you find something that's different, that will help me figure out where you are," he tells me.

I sigh and keep walking, keeping him on the phone as I go. I start to sing softly as I walk, trying to fill the silence. "I'll just call you back when I find something," I tell Dante.

"Wait, but I like your voice. I want to listen to you sing," he says.

"It's wasting airtime. Talk to you in a bit," I state and end the call. I smile to myself.

It's weird how I don't mind singing in front of people... until they notice or point out how I am singing, because then I get super awkward and uncomfortable and overthinking myself into a state where I can't even speak English properly.

Just me? Yeah, probably.

I continue to walk for about ten minutes until I find a glass sliding door and basically jump for joy. I step through it and into a garden that is completely filled with different kinds of gorgeous flowers.

A house like this must take a lot of effort, I think as I call Dante again.

"Mhm, where are you?" he asks immediately.

"It's some kind of garden with a lot of pretty flowers. Uh, it's almost like a greenhouse, basically. I don't know how else to describe it."

Dante sighs. "How the hell did you get that far?"

"How the hell do you have a house this big?"

He grunts. "Just wait there. I'll send someone to come and get you," he says and ends the call.

I feel slightly disappointed. I guess a small part of me was hoping that he would come and get me himself. Now I am going to have to awkwardly walk back—probably in silence—with a stranger.

I walk around the garden, looking at all the beautiful and amazing smelling flowers that are fitted around. It smells heavenly.

After a while, I lie down on the grass and close my eyes. I can hear trees rustling in the distance, and I smile. I wish there was a bed in here, cause this would probably be the best room in this place. The moon shines down through the glass roof.

After a few moments of laying there in the silence, I accidentally fall asleep.

•=•=•

"Skye," someone whispers and shakes my shoulder slightly. "Hey, Sleeping Beauty, wake up before I kiss you."

Fun fact, the original story of sleeping beauty was a lot darker than a kiss.

I groan and shift slightly, then try to fall back asleep, but someone incessantly shakes me. My eyes fly open and I glare at the person who woke me up.

"What?" I ask, angrily.

That's when I notice who it is, and a frown forms on my face. The moonlight shines from directly behind him, making him look like an angel with a halo.

I look around and realise I am still in the garden, and so I quickly sit up, the frown still not leaving my face. I rub my eyes and let out a yawn, still not fully awake. The sun seems to have set a long time ago, leaving us in darkness.

"Do you want me to carry you back?" he asks with a sigh.

I moan and lie back down on the grass. "No, it's okay," I say and yawn again. "Let me just lie here for a little longer, though?" I close my eyes.

Dante chuckles under his breath and slides his hands under my body, lifting me up off the ground. My eyes fly open and I look up at him as he carries me bridal style back into the house.

"You're going to die. There's no way you can carry me for thirty minutes, back to the rooms," I state.

Dante smiles and slides the door closed with his foot. He turns and starts walking, then glances down at me. "Don't underestimate me, hobo. I'm a lot stronger than you think."

"Hobo? Really? We're back to that?"

He smiles, not looking at me. When I realise he is definitely not putting me down, I wrap my one arm behind his neck and lean my head against his shoulder.

I close my eyes, listening to the calming sound of his heart beating inside his chest.

We both stay silent the entire way back, and when we finally reach my bedroom door, he stops and lowers me to the ground. I look up at him, quite impressed that he managed to carry me all the way.

"Uh, Skye, there's actually something I really important I need to tell you," he tells me, looking at the floor.

That doesn't sound good... "What is it?"

•=•=•

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx