T h i r t y O n e

Skye's POV

He tilts my chin up with his finger and leans in. His lips look pink, like he had just eaten raspberries.

His eyes become hooded. "I would give anything to taste your lips again."

I quickly avert my eyes, afraid that if I looked at him for a second longer I'd give in. I have to remind myself that it wouldn't work; that there is too much on the line. I won't let love mess this up, because then I'll end up back on the streets.

"I can see you hesitating," he whispers. "I know why. You're nervous. Maybe because of what I did with that woman, or because you're scared I'll abandon you. I can assure you that neither of those things are true."

There are so many reasons why this isn't a good idea. I am terrified that I'll end up on the streets again when he gets bored of me—and he will, because I'm not much fun, anyway.

I wrap my hands around myself, my heart racing. I want him, and that scares me. Maybe I have abandonment issues now. Thanks, mom.

"I can't stop thinking about you." I roll my eyes. "Maybe if we could do something more..."

"Something more? You mean you want to have sex with me?"

"Yeah, it's like when you have a song stuck in your head. You listen to the end of the song and it will help you move on. I'll have sex with you and then we will be done."

"You're disgusting."

He shrugs. "What's so disgusting about sex?"

"It's not sex that's the problem. You just told me that you want to have sex with me so that you don't have to think about me anymore. You want to fuck me and then carry on as if I don't exist."

I turn to push my room door open and walk in. He leans against the door frame and watches me.

"Is that why you helped me?" I ask, throwing my hands up. "So I can be your personal, never-touched-by-another-man, prostitute?"

He sucks in a deep breath. "You know that's not why I helped you."

"Tell me you didn't lay your eyes on me at the airport and think 'hmm, she's pretty, maybe I could get her to strip"."

"For my friend."

"Whatever. I'm not having sex with you. Now get out, I'm going to sleep." He walks into my room and shuts the door. I step backwards. "What are you... doing?"

"Get on the bed."

I shake my head. "Don't—"

"I said get on the bed." His voice is deeper, more demanding.

I nod and slide my shoes off, taking a seat on the bed. He comes to stand in front of me and pulls off his jacket. His eyes stay on mine as he slides his belt off.

He whips it against the bed, beside me, making me flinch slightly. I know I should be scared, but I'm not.

He drops the belt to the floor and slides onto my bed, lying under the sheets. I fall back so I am lying down beside him and turn to face him. "What are you doing?"

He wraps one arm over me and slides the other one under me. "Going to sleep,"

The smell of an expensive cologne fills my nose.My head nuzzles into his chest and he places a kiss on top of my head. My heart flutters.

Weird.

•=•=•

"Skye, if you don't wake up, I am going to pour cold water on you. I don't have time for this. I'm going to be late," a voice says. "I need to talk to you."

I purposely ignore the voice and pull the insanely comfortable sheets higher up over my body. The voice goes away. Thank god, I can sleep more.

Just as I am falling back into my deep sleep, I feel a strange and extremely cold liquid seep through the blankets and onto my body.

My eyes fly open and I jump away, almost knocking my head on the headboard. Dante stands over me with a half empty bucket of water, which he continues pouring right onto me.

I scream and jump out of the bed, almost completely soaked. "You ass!" I shove the bucket out his grasp, then I tackle him to the ground.

We land on the ground with a thud. He flips my over with ease and slips his body between my legs. His hair falls forward, onto his face. It seem like he has been up for a while; wearing new clothes and seeing wide awake. "I'm sorry. Did I make you wet?" he whispers, his face extremely close to mine.

"Do you not know what personal space is?" I ask.

"Hey, you're the one that jumped on me."

"Yeah! Because you were pouring a bucket of water onto me!"

His eyes lower to my chest and a smirk forms on his face. "I am grateful you didn't put a bra on."

I frown. How does he know that? My eyes go down to where he is looking, and they nearly pop out of my chest when I realise my clothes are transparent now. "Dante, get out! I'm not wearing any underwear!" I scream, panicking.

His lips parts and his eyes darken, and I could swear it looks like he wants to devour me right now. "You mean, at all?" he asks breathlessly.

He has been teasing me and making me blush like crazy, even more now than before, and now it's my time to get him back. "Nothing."

Now it was his turn to blush, and his entire face goes completely red. "Y-You... Just get ready and meet me downstairs in ten minutes," he says in a rush. He climbs to his feet and leaves the room so fast that I can't even get another word out.

•=•=•

Hi!! Hope you are enjoying the book so far <3 Let me know your thoughts and if you want to talk, come message me on my message board or on Instagram :) xx

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx