T w e n t y E i g h t

Skye's POV

"So you like my car?" Dante asks, smirking at me as he opens the door for me to climb out.

I look up at the huge house in front of me, too distracted to even answer his question. This house is probably bigger than the White House and it is decorated a lot better, with gorgeous statues and pillars laced in vines. It looks like something you would imagine a Greek King living in.

Dante snaps his fingers in front of my face, bringing me out of my daze. "Yeah," I reply. "Can I rob you?" I ask jokingly.

He shuts the door and leans forward so that I am pressed against the gorgeous car. "Well, you already stole my heart," he whispers and winks, then walks away.

Is he teasing me again? "If you're trying to mess with me, it's not working!" I shout and speed walk to try and catch up to him.

He turns around to look at me. There's a glint of amusement in his eyes. He doesn't say anything, and just turns back and keeps walking to the front door of his house.

I walk in, following right behind him, and my jaw drops. Huge staircases go in different directions and intricate designs and artworks cover every inch of the house. This is like a house from Beauty and the Beast mixed with the Palais Garnier Opera house in Paris.

And this is just the entrance, I think to myself.

"H-How...? It's so... I..." My jaw is basically on the floor. I want to ask who he is, but I'm not sure if that would be rude.

But asking to rob him is fine...

From the outside, I would have never imagined it would look like this. They're like two completely different, but equally beautiful, worlds.

There are crystal chandeliers hanging from the high roofs and the floors are perfectly clean white tiles.

"Hola, sir. Welcome home. How was your trip?" someone says, and I turn to find an older man in a tuxedo smiling at Dante. He glances at me and his smile widens. "Oh! And you've found a nice young mujer, too!"

"Hi, Sam, the trip was good," Dante replies and then glances at me, a small smile forming on his face. "Yeah, she's beautiful, right?"

I purse my lips, feeling heat rush to my cheeks. Oh my god, please don't tell me that Dante is making me blush right now. What the hell is going on?

I can not be falling for him. Not a chance. This can not and will not happen. I groan and slap my forehead, making Dante and the other man, Samuel, look at me in confusion.

"Beautiful, and a little idiotic," Dante adds under his breath and I nudge him with my elbow, rolling my eyes.

"Sam, please show Skye to her room," he says to the man in the tux. He turns to me and throws an arm over my shoulder and whispers in my ear, "I'll see you later."

How can something so simple sound so sexy and seductive coming out of this man's mouth?

He walks off and his footsteps echo as he does. I turn to Samuel and he is still smiling at me. He gestures for me to follow him and then he turns and starts walking.

I quickly follow him up one of the many staircases. This place would be awesome for a game of hide and seek. I turn to look at Samuel as we walk. "So, uh, how do you know Dante? Are you his dad?"

He laughs. "No. No. I'm his butler. I wish I was his dad," he says. I frown. What? That's a random thing to say.

"Okay," I reply, not knowing what else to say. I guess I'm not very good at keeping up a conversation. I'm just extremely socially awkward. That's probably why I've never had a boyfriend... or why my family abandoned me.

Haha.

"What about you; how do you know Dante?" he questions.

"I'm a stripper," I say and suddenly he goes very quiet, making me chuckle to myself.

Great, Skye, you manage to make everything extremely awkward. Well done.

"Well, here is your room, madam. If you need anything else, please do let me know."

He pushes open a golden door and reveals a gorgeous and very expensive looking room.

"Thank you so much," I say. He nods and walks off.

I step inside, closing the door behind myself. I put my little backpack down, which I forgot I even had on me, and run my fingers along the softest silk sheets I have ever touched. The walls are a creamy white colour and the roof is so high a balloon would probably pop from the pressure up there. The is a single crystal chandelier hanging from the roof.

I fall onto the bed, sinking into the softness of the mattress. I stare up at the roof. I can't believe how strange my life has gotten over the past week.

Paris feels like a dream now, and this feels like a dream, too. I keep waiting for the moment I wake up on the floor of the airport, begging for change and hoping I will get to see my mom again.

I feel a little bit more like myself now that I am here in Spain. Maybe it is because I've gotten more comfortable around Dante and feel safer.

I better not get too comfortable.

•=•=•

Heyooo <3 hope you guys are liking this story. It's weird because I have written a few chapters long ago and reading over it again I've noticed how my writing has changed slightly.

I'm so grateful to Wattpad and you all for giving me the opportunity to improve my writing. Thank you for giving my books are chance even though they're far from perfect.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx