Pride @ Hogwarts

A/N: This is going to be a two parter, because I haven't even gotten onto the actual Pride part, and I've written four and a half A4 pages..... So! Enjoy, comment and vote.

One evening, as the students were having dinner in the Great Hall, McGonagall stood up in the middle of the meal and tapped gently against her goblet with her fork. The students immediately fell silent. It was unusual for McGonagall to make announcements in the middle of the meal. " Tomorrow, due to certain celebrations, classes will be cut short."
She announced. A hum of chatter rose up amongst the students as they cheered about the cut classes. "Ahem."
McGonagall cleared her throat to quieten them down. " Tomorrow, Pride shall be celebrated at Hogwarts. We will be having a feast in the evening! So be loud and be proud." She sat back down and went back to talking to Professor Flitwick. The students took this as permission to speak again and chatter filled the Great Hall once more.

Harry felt a fizz of excitement bubble in his stomach. Pride! At Hogwarts! Ever since the War, Hogwarts had been more open to things, such as Hanukkah, Ramadan etc, but he never thought Pride was something they would introduce! Wait, he needed supplies. Luckily, the new Eight Years had permission to leave the castle when they wanted, as long as they took their classes and kept good grades in most of them.

"Wait, what's Pride?" Ron asked Harry. "It's a sort of celebration of the LGBTI community. " Harry replied, reigning in his excitement. He hadn't come out to Ron yet. He had already to Hermione, but that was kind of a weird moment. She had come out to him as gay and he had just sort of stood there, speechless until she had begun to walk away and he had yelled " Me gay too! " It.... yeah. Wasn't how he had imagined it.

Harry stood up and shoved his wand in his back pocket. Then took it out and placed it in his jacket pocket, remembering Mad Eye's words.
"Well, I'm going to go. " He said to Ron and Hermione. " But you haven't finished eating!" protested Ron. "I'm not very hungry. " Harry shrugged. He nodded goodbye to the rest of the Eight Year table, winked at Hermione who smiled back in understanding and left the Great Hall hurriedly. He felt several eyes follow him out. It didn't necessarily bother him, but it was very unnerving. Harry nodded to some Fifth Years as he walked out onto the school grounds.

Not very many people came back to finish their education, and most of the ones who did were Gryffindors. Dean, Seamus, Ron, Hermione, Neville and himself were the only Gryffindors to come back. Out of Hufflepuff there was Justin Finch-Fletchly and two others Harry didn't know. Out of Ravenclaw, Terry Boot and Cho Chang. The only Slytherins to come back were Draco Malfoy, Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini. But, officially, Eight Years had no Houses. They were the only Inter-House year. They even lived in the one tower.

Harry strolled out of the gates and made his way to Hogsmeade. It was a nice night, still bright as it was only seven o'clock. A cool breeze ruffled his hair and he would have been relaxed if it weren't for the little zaps of excitement he got every five seconds. He couldn't help it. It was Pride! He strolled down the main street, glancing at the shops with interest.

Hogwarts wasn't the only place that got damaged by the Battle. Hogsmeade got hit too, more than half of it was almost completely destroyed. Afterwards, the place got completely remodeled. Thankfully, The Three Broomsticks still stood, with Madam Rosmerta still behind the bar. Hogsmeade had seen some dark times but now it was a hive of energy. They even had a Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. Harry decided to go into The Three Broomsticks and grab a Butterbeer.

A small bell chimed above the door when he walked in. Madam Rosmerta smiled at him as she was wiping down tables. " Harry! Good to see you. The usual m'dear? Three Butterbeers? "
"Just one today please Rosmerta." He took a seat as she went to go pour his Butterbeer. " Where are Ron and Hermione today? " She asked. "Still up at the castle eating dinner. I just had to run a few errands before tomorrow." Rosmerta served him his drink and laughed a small tinkling laugh. "Weasley's could always eat you out of house and home. Well, good luck with those errands and if you need anything, I'm happy to help."
" Thanks Ros." Harry paid for his drink and sat back into his chair, people-watching. It was his favourite past-time, after Quidditch of course. People-watching was always much better under the Invisibility Cloak though. He gulped down the dregs of his drink and stood up, feeling ready for adventure. Or, at least, a shopping trip.