Babyproof

"Draco, I'm not sure the apartment is babyproofed enough." This was the statement Hermione had made two days ago. This was the statement that had panicked the already panicked dad-to-be. This was the statement that Harry was really starting to resent.

"I'm sure this is fine Dray." Harry said, for the millionth time. Draco looked up from putting soft foam corners on the countertop edges with an incredulous expression. "Harry, this place needs to be extensively babyproofed! This is our child's life on the line! How would you feel if James bangs his head on this counter corner, falls into a coma, never wakes up again and you need to make the decision to pull the squiggly thing from that artificial breather muggle hospitals have?! How would you feel?!" He demanded. "I don't think that's going to happen with a teething ring." Harry commented dryly. Draco glared at him. "That ring is a deadly weapon. It needed a foam circle around it." "Just because you injured yourself with it, doesn't mean it's a deadly weapon."

Draco sneered at the offending teething ring that lay innocently on the floor. He mumbled something under his breath that sounded vaguely like "weapon of mass destruction." Harry sighed. "Draco. I know you're nervous about the baby arriving. But it's going to be fine." Draco glared at him. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately. "This place needs to be safe for a child, Harry. And I am going to make it safe."

Two hours later, every corner, every book, every cupboard and any form of sharp or non sharp or completely innocent object was covered in spongy blue foam. Every cupboard had a child lock on it. He's already forgotten what the top most cupboard in the bathroom contains. Does it have medication? O-or creams or something? He can't remember!

A knock at the door pulled him away from his intensive staring competition with the cupboard. He rushed to unlock the door and found Hermione standing on the steps of the porch. She smiled at him. "You need to stop this." Harry pulled her into the house and to where Draco was fixing the bed posts with blue foam. Hermione frowned at him. "Couldn't he bite the foam and break it off? Isn't that a swallow hazard?" She asked. Harry's eyes widened. "No!"

I don't know what this is. I meant for it to be longer and with Draco and Harry having James in the house for the first time but I'm tired, haven't updated in a while and just can't continue this. It was strangely hard to write. It's also super late lol. Anyway, hope you enjoyed. Please comment and vote! Love you all <3